Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 03:08 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Some Best Buys MAY have Voyages for pickup

At least in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, some of the Best Buys are showing Voyages available for pickup tomorrow (today). You can't order online, they're already sold out. So if anyone must have one today and didn't pre-order, check out your Best Buys.

EDIT 1: I should correct myself. You can buy them online for a specific store (if they are in stock) but you can't have them shipped to the store.

EDIT 2: I tried putting one in my cart (just to see if it would work) and I got an error -- "Sorry, there was problem adding this item to your cart -- please try again." So, I guess, I jumped the gun. Sorry.

Last edited by rcentros; 10-21-2014 at 03:36 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #2
geekaren
geek
geekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one hand

Device: Oasis (1&2), Voyage, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini 4
I don't think you jumped the gun. When I check my nearby Best Buy stores, the page doesn't even include a "ADD TO CART" button (it's greyed out and says "sold out online").

So, as you mentioned, folks wanting a Voyage today may find it worthwhile to check nearby Best Buys as they may have some stock.
geekaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Thanks for telling me, apparently it is in stock in my local store. I can't add it to my cart, but I can call them. This is a good find, maybe some of us will grab kindle voyages today!
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I can confirm, just bought one at best buy in Florida
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #5
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
My local store in GA has six in stock.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
geekaren
geek
geekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one hand

Device: Oasis (1&2), Voyage, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini 4
Although store pickup has a big red X next to it, when I click "check stores" I see several stores in CT & NY have Voyage stock available for pick up today.
geekaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm also in the DFW area and had the same error trying to place the Voyager in my shopping cart even though 4 stores list them as in stock. I called the nearest store and they said they have several in stock, but since the website lists them as sold out nationwide it is blocking them from getting added to the cart. I'll go check it out in a bit. I do notice that Amazon has already charged my card though, even though I'm not scheduled for delivery until Oct 28. It says I can still cancel that order.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:59 AM   #8
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
That means it'll probably ship today. That's what happened to me yesterday and I wasn't scheduled until 10/29. It'll be here tomorrow.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #9
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
In stock at all Best Buys near me, but I'm already expecting it from Amazon later today.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

I was going to cancel my Amazon order but it now says I have to request a cancellation because it is in the state of preparing to ship. I paid for 1-day shipping, so hopefully it goes out today so I can get it tomorrow. Otherwise I will be out of town for the rest of the week and will have to notify UPS (assuming they are the carrier) to hold off on the delivery until next Monday. So I won't be going to BB to check on their inventory.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #11
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
If you are going to best buy today, insist if they tell you they have not received them. The seller in my shop did not even know new kindles were arriving today. She was nice though and checked with the warehouse manager, they got mine for me out of a container in front of the shop, but only because I insisted. They did not know they had them.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
If you are going to best buy today, insist if they tell you they have not received them. The seller in my shop did not even know new kindles were arriving today. She was nice though and checked with the warehouse manager, they got mine for me out of a container in front of the shop, but only because I insisted. They did not know they had them.
Good point. I've had to argue with BB employees on many occasions about what they claim they don't have in stock but their computers say they do. Those people are so frigging clueless! That is one reason I stopped using BB for the most part and pretty much order everything through Amazon. I've actually had BB tell me they never heard of an item when I'm standing right in front of their display with that item clearly on display.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #13
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm also in the DFW area and had the same error trying to place the Voyager in my shopping cart even though 4 stores list them as in stock. I called the nearest store and they said they have several in stock, but since the website lists them as sold out nationwide it is blocking them from getting added to the cart. I'll go check it out in a bit. I do notice that Amazon has already charged my card though, even though I'm not scheduled for delivery until Oct 28. It says I can still cancel that order.
Same error. I need to be patience since Discover will give me 5%+5% cashback only if I order online.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #14
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Thanks folks for the warning! Think I go check out the Veger hehehehe
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #15
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
It's not allowing me to check out for pick up at my local best buys.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote