Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #271
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Free @ Amazon

M/M Romance

Downtime by Tamara Allen
Time Travel Victorian
Note: Has high reviews..See this review here. for more info on its history.
I have read other books by Allen that were very enjoyable.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #272
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ah I don't think I've ever seen any at all on any of my sources.
I know, I get most of mine from the library (hardcover or ebook).
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #273
Joykins
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Has anyone read any of the Cut & Run series? I'm intrigued, it's got crazy good rating on Goodreads. I'd grab Star & Stripes but it's #6 in the series. Me, I gotta start at the beginning.
I love this series. I just started the most recent one today.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #274
Joykins
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
I've read all of those. I bought the last one on release day, then kicked myself when it showed up on kobo (where its couponable) day later I think there is a free short story (as in, really short) with same characters, so you might check it to see if it's to your taste.
The short story is basically a sex scene so I don't really think it gives you a feel for the books. If you like to read about closeted gay cops/FBI agents you will probably like it. The characters and their relationship remain interesting to me after 6 books (some of the plots are better than others).

Last edited by Joykins; 04-10-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #275
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Oh no! Another series to look at.

My favorite Paranormal series is The Nightwalkers by Jacquelyn Frank. I devoured that series actually read them all in a row and it did not get repetitious like some series. I bought the entire Audio series with narrator Xe Sands. I love how the author writes and Xe Sands takes it to an even higher level.

Series Order:
  1. Jacob
  2. Gideon
  3. Elijah
  4. Damien
  5. Noah
  6. Adam

I have not read her other books but this series was amazing!
I love these books too. This is the first series I bought when I got my first ebook reader several years ago. I've read all of them (a couple of times) except for the last one. I also bought another of her series, but I haven't started that one.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #276
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I love these books too. This is the first series I bought when I got my first ebook reader several years ago. I've read all of them (a couple of times) except for the last one. I also bought another of her series, but I haven't started that one.
Adam was I was like OMG and then What the....then okay I see where she is going with this. Wow It all makes sense and then big finale and I was left like this. I have to say you gotta trust the author on this one or you might faint.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #277
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Adam was I was like OMG and then What the....then okay I see where she is going with this. Wow It all makes sense and then big finale and I was left like this. I have to say you gotta trust the author on this one or you might faint.
Loved the series. I have been on the library hold list for the audiobook of Jacob for a very long time.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #278
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Loved the series. I have been on the library hold list for the audiobook of Jacob for a very long time.
I have a book on one of my hold lists that has been there forever. The library only allows 14 days. It's been two months. I am want my book!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #279
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Accidents Make the Heart Grow Fonder [Kindle Edition]
Tara Mills (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Accidents-Make...154606011_f_69

Quote:
Sabrina Eckhart is losing it. Oasis, the restaurant she manages, is getting battered by a trendy newcomer, and with everyone looking to her for ideas, you could say she's under a little pressure. But wait, that's not all. Her evil landlady has given her until the end of the month to vacate her crummy apartment. And her thirtieth birthday is looming, reminding her of the milestones she's missed. No wonder she's distracted and driving off the rails...down the sidewalk, and nearly running over the man with amazing glutes.

Jackson Murphy is an avid jogger, and the local television station's scrumptious news director--if he can keep the job. Unfortunately, he has one year to resuscitate their wheezing news department or the owners are going to pull the plug. His hands are already full even without Sabrina dropping into them. The last thing he needs is to be involved with a publicity stunt.

The road to love is bumpy. It'll take all of Cupid's arrows, and a lot of interference from friends, for these two to win the Dating Game.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #280
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
The Black & The White [Kindle Edition]
Evelin Weber (Author), Kristin Bryant (Illustrator), Tibor Mezey (Photographer)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Black-Whit...154606011_f_80

Quote:
Meet Isabelle, a small town girl with big ambitions. Determined to repay her mother for putting her through college, she has bought a one-way ticket from Nowheresville to New York, leaving her boyfriend behind for a new life as a junior trader.

But the Wall Street Isabelle discovers is one of high finance and low morals: the only things black and white are the Amex cards and the wraps of cocaine; the men are the masters of the universe, and the women are expected to play along.

On a trip to Sin City for some corporate schmoozing, Isabelle finds herself in bed with the bank’s biggest client, and he doesn’t want what happens in Vegas to stay in Vegas. Then she discovers her boss is cheating the system as well as his wife – a move that could see them both swapping VIP clubs for a different set of bars …
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #281
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Caught in Amber by Cathy Pegau is on sale for $1.99

All Romance eBooks

Kobo

Barnes & Noble

Amazon

And it's only $1.79 direct from Carina Press

Quote:
Recently out of rehab, Sasha James is determined to keep her head down, complete her parole and never touch amber again. The chip in her neck controls her cravings for the highly addictive drug, but also tracks her every move. Not that she goes anywhere other than work and the halfway house she calls home--a far cry from her luxurious former life as lover of the mining colony's top drug dealer, Guy Christiansen.

Agent Nathan Sterling has no desire to see Sasha fall back into amber, but his sister has become Guy's latest conquest and the unexpectedly attractive Sasha is the key to getting her back. So in exchange for an introduction, he offers Sasha the one thing she can't refuse--her freedom. From the chip, her parole and even the planet if she wants. Though he would be sorry to see her go...

Torn between her growing attraction to Nathan, fear of Guy and the allure of amber, Sasha accepts. But who will save her if Guy refuses to let her go a second time?

80,000 words
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #282
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Okay Thanks. This is my first Serial. I don't know I find the ideal of serials silly. I use to get my Fan Fiction this way though but never thought of books being released this way.
I don't like serials. I haven't looked at this one, but for others I've seen, it mostly looks like a way to get more money from readers than they'd get if publishing a single book. 0.99 per two chapters seems inexpensive, until you've paid 20.00 for a 40 chapter poorly edited book!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #283
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I don't like serials. I haven't looked at this one, but for others I've seen, it mostly looks like a way to get more money from readers than they'd get if publishing a single book. 0.99 per two chapters seems inexpensive, until you've paid 20.00 for a 40 chapter poorly edited book!
I thought, with the serials, you paid one price and then get the episodes as they became available, at no extra cost. At least that's what I take it to mean from this:

This book is a Kindle Serial. Kindle Serials are stories published in episodes, with future episodes delivered at no additional cost. This serial currently contains four episodes out of an estimated seven total episodes, and new episodes will be delivered every week.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #284
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
My favorite Paranormal series is The Nightwalkers by Jacquelyn Frank. I devoured that series actually read them all in a row and it did not get repetitious like some series.

Series Order:
  1. Jacob
  2. Gideon
  3. Elijah
  4. Damien
  5. Noah
  6. Adam

I have not read her other books but this series was amazing!
Did you know that some of her other books are in the same world as these?

Her Shadowdwellers are mentioned in a couple of these books, and the offshoot series (Ecstasy, Rapture, Pleasure) actually come before the Adam book.

Then her Forbidden is labeled "World of the Nightwalkers", with another Forever being released this June.

I really liked the Nightwalker books, but I have two complaints about her writing:
  • she is very guilty of telling vs. showing in this series
  • she ultimately made her bad guys so powerful, the good guys really shouldn't have been able to defeat them
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #285
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Ex on the Beach was a one time $1.99. No additional charges.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote