10 hrs 5 6.33%
15 hrs 2 2.53%
20 hrs 7 8.86%
20+ hrs 64 81.01%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #61
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Okay, 16 days of use with minimal charging, and it reads 1 block.

Mindfull of the earlier discussion about not deep-discharging LiOn batteries I decided to go on and recharge it -- it only took 2 hours to fully charge rather than the stated 4, anyone else see anything like that?

I'd not have been surprised by around 3, since it was 3/4 discharged, but 2?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #62
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Well last night I hit about 3,000 pages and it finally dropped a bar, so I'm at 3/4ths. Only charging has been plugging it into USB to transfer books.

All charging times vary Natch, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #63
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wasn't worried, LG, more in the area of "pleased."

Last edited by NatCh; 10-22-2006 at 09:35 PM. Reason: 1000th Post! Gee, wish it were something a bit more profound.... :)
Old 10-25-2006, 05:59 AM   #64
swerve
UK Enthusiast
swerve began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader/treo 650 (Hanlin V2/ REB/Librie)
Hi everybody!
I've had my Reader for a week now. Battery seems to go on forever whilst reading but runs down much quicker using the MP3 player, which BTW is really good. I keep a separate memory stick just for the music so as not to clog up the onboard memory. So far I'm really impressed.
(If you want to run down the battery for recharging purposes just leave the MP3 running)

Last edited by swerve; 10-25-2006 at 06:29 PM.
swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:29 AM   #65
NatCh
Gizmologist

Say, for the two folks out there who only got 10 hours out of their Readers, what were the conditions?
Advert
Old 10-25-2006, 12:00 PM   #66
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve
....I keep a separate memory stick just for the music so as not to clog up the onboard memory....
Memory sticks! A true Sony user you are.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #67
swerve
UK Enthusiast
swerve began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader/treo 650 (Hanlin V2/ REB/Librie)
Yep. Guilty as charged (but I don't own shares - honest)

I don't have a problem with SD cards either!

(actually I just remembered - I'm using an mini SD card with an adapter)

Last edited by swerve; 10-25-2006 at 06:32 PM.
swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:54 PM   #68
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Does... Not unpacking the power supply yet mean anything.... Sheech it would wear out the Energizer Bunny!

Would expect audio to decrease the run time...

Here is one way to manage your battries.. Was posted on the Cowon A2 forum a few months back..

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #69
QueridaNegra
QueridaNegra began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Sony Reader!!
I've had my second Reader (first one, screen died, took it back to the SonyStyle store, and they handed me a new one, no fuss - yay), for a little more than a week, and I've only lost one battery bar. I've read more than 4000 page turns worth as well. I had the first one for 2 weeks (working), and I couldn't drain the battery til I left it in the car in ~ 50 degree weather for several hours. I love this thing!!!! I'd say you could get away with charging it about once every month and a half if you were going for maximum battery life usage between charges.

Oh, and I'm still running Win2K, so I haven't plugged the reader into a usb port yet - all SD transfers, so no little extra charging here and there, for those who wondered about that earlier.
QueridaNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:35 AM   #70
sfernald
Zealot
sfernald doesn't littersfernald doesn't litter

Ran Mine Down in a Single Day

I must have the record.. I got the battery down to 1 bar on the the first day of usage...

Took it straight from the charger in the morning to work and used it the whole time as a music player. It was down to one bar by the time I got home that night.

It works fine as a basic music player by the way.. I had some nice classical music and enya on there. Just relaxing stuff that I could listen to while I read.

Today I made a point to use it throughout the day, but not as a music player. It's stayed at 4 bars. I've read maybe 100 pages. I just love this thing.
sfernald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:09 PM   #71
reading_nut
reading_nut began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Tough to measure hours...

I think it will be difficult to measure hours of usage. For me, the time is cumulative, and very difficult to track. For another thing, reading speed varies widely and since most power is consumed during page changes, battery "time" will vary accordingly.

However, I've read ~800 pages and just dropped to 3/4 bars. I've never used a memory stick or played music. I have moved through a lot of menus and sample pages for co-workers, figure maybe another 100 turns or so.

So, if I assume ~900 pages at 3/4 of a charge that only gets to 3600 pages, about half of Sony's claim of 7-7.5k page turns.

*However*, as it has been pointed out, a Li-ion battery doesn't hit full charge after the first cycle. In fact, I'm not sure it was plugged in long enough to get to a completely full charge before I started playing (couldn't resist). So don't jump to conclusions yet.

So, I'm going to make an effort not to sync or charge until I've run it down to a single bar, and should be able to give another estimate then...
reading_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:33 PM   #72
diomark
diomark began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-500
...but what is the battery life like while playing audio? has anyone tested that?
-m
diomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #73
Rimbaud
Rimbaud began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Sony Reader
I've had my Reader for 11 days now and have been doing a lot of reading. I haven't charged it once yet and the battery level still shows full
Rimbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:20 PM   #74
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Okay my battery has gone down a notch, I have had it alittle over a week. About 576 pages read while playing with it and having to back up because I hit those stupid little buttons on the bottom and go way out there and lose my place. Also I put a song in this thing and listened to it twice (not bad sounding either if I do say so myself)....

I was asking about if we should charge it before it dies, someone said let it discharge, so I am assuming let it go completely to almost dead before charging it again.

Ah the life of a battery.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #75
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Yes the music sounds good but listening and reading are two things I cannot do at the same time. I get distracted enough and wouldn't know what the heck I was reading. Bad enough at home and the little distractions that happen that just mess up my brain, LOL.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote