Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Feedbooks using ADE?

I finally decided to expand my "library" of knowledge by expanding my library. I checked out feedbooks and picked a few books. After a slow start, I figured out how to download the books to my ADE on the computer. I downloaded most in ePub ( a form I haven't yet used) and one in PDF.

I can open them in ADE, I can read them, they exist. Yet they will *not* drag and drop into my reader. I do it, it has the green + sign, but there is no copying of files and they do not copy into my reader. Any ideas what I'm missing? I've authorized ADE to my name, it recognizes me (it's on a new computer-- I have always used ADE on another computer before for library books). Is there some other step I've forgotten to do?? I uselessly tried to drag and drop the books for longer than I'd care to admit last night. THe definition of insanity... isn't it something like doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Any please?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I can open them in ADE, I can read them, they exist. Yet they will *not* drag and drop into my reader. I do it, it has the green + sign, but there is no copying of files and they do not copy into my reader. Any ideas what I'm missing?
Where are you dragging and dropping? In the ADE software? Or, using Explorer?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
I finally decided to expand my "library" of knowledge by expanding my library. I checked out feedbooks and picked a few books. After a slow start, I figured out how to download the books to my ADE on the computer. I downloaded most in ePub ( a form I haven't yet used) and one in PDF.

I can open them in ADE, I can read them, they exist. Yet they will *not* drag and drop into my reader. I do it, it has the green + sign, but there is no copying of files and they do not copy into my reader. Any ideas what I'm missing? I've authorized ADE to my name, it recognizes me (it's on a new computer-- I have always used ADE on another computer before for library books). Is there some other step I've forgotten to do?? I uselessly tried to drag and drop the books for longer than I'd care to admit last night. THe definition of insanity... isn't it something like doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Any please?
Did you authorize your new computer under the same Adobe account as your other computer, which should also be the account that you previously authorized your reader in?

WDE. (does that make any sense at all)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Did you register your new computer under the same Adobe account as your other computer, which should also be the account that you previously registered your reader in?

WDE. (does that make any sense at all)
Nope.

I think you are trying to say:

Are all the devices registered to the same Adobe account.

BUt, even still, that wouldn't prevent the file from copying and being seen right? It just wouldn't open for reading.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is authorized under the same account as my other ADE account. Normally, in order to put a book on my reader, I just drag the icon of the book from the right side over to the reader icon on the left list and drop. That's how I get all my library books in there. I tried to see if there was another way to do it, but came up blank. I can open it *in* ADE and read the entire book, but it just won't copy over. Is there another way to copy it onto my reader?

Updated to note that I just downloaded a library book using this one, and it copied over just fine and is now on my reader. I'm going to try one more thing....

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 03-30-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It is authorized under the same account as my other ADE account. Normally, in order to put a book on my reader, I just drag the icon of the book from the right side over to the reader icon on the left list and drop. That's how I get all my library books in there. I tried to see if there was another way to do it, but came up blank. I can open it *in* ADE and read the entire book, but it just won't copy over. Is there another way to copy it onto my reader?
*deleted* advice not known
Old 03-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Oh geez, I figured it out. Sorry to have wasted all your time, but hopefully someone else will be helped by this post

Turns out, when I download, I have to click "open" instead of save. If I do save, I have to import it into ADE, and it won't copy over into my reader. If I hit "open" it opens directly into ADE (like my library books) and I can copy it over into my reader.

Is there any "DOH!" award on this site? I think I might seriously be in the running....

Old 03-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Oh geez, I figured it out. Sorry to have wasted all your time, but hopefully someone else will be helped by this post

Turns out, when I download, I have to click "open" instead of save. If I do save, I have to import it into ADE, and it won't copy over into my reader. If I hit "open" it opens directly into ADE (like my library books) and I can copy it over into my reader.

Is there any "DOH!" award on this site? I think I might seriously be in the running....

Glad you got that worked out, because I was at a loss to help you. I was checking on my own system how books got transfered and couldn't figure out where you went wrong. No "DOH" award needed, I've been in very similar situations myself.

WDE.