Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #16
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Well, now I'm getting a Ford Audiobook page at the last link; however, it's giving me directions to put the book on the shelf, sign up, etc. Too many hoops to jump through, as I'm not a member of Goodreads.
Just in case you change your mind, signing up is really easy and it doesn't require a credit card. They have a very nice audiobooks group that I check out for occasional offers. There are a lot of authors who will give away copies in return for a review.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #17
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Just in case you change your mind, signing up is really easy and it doesn't require a credit card. They have a very nice audiobooks group that I check out for occasional offers. There are a lot of authors who will give away copies in return for a review.
Thanks, good to know. Maybe another time with a book that is more to my taste--I'm not sure this one is something I'd actually read.
Advert
Old 09-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Well, now I'm getting a Ford Audiobook page at the last link; however, it's giving me directions to put the book on the shelf, sign up, etc. Too many hoops to jump through, as I'm not a member of Goodreads.
Yeah, they changed the graphic.

Not that it helps much - been there, did that, still no email after many hours, so no audiobook.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:22 AM   #19
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
The first entry in Ford Audiobook Club discussion>>General > Audiobook Redemption FAQ (dateline: Sep 03, 2014 02:18PM ) states:
"When you complete the two steps listed on the Ford landing page, you will receive an email within 24 hours with a unique link to download your free audiobook."
Old 09-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #20
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
The first entry in Ford Audiobook Club discussion>>General > Audiobook Redemption FAQ (dateline: Sep 03, 2014 02:18PM ) states:
"When you complete the two steps listed on the Ford landing page, you will receive an email within 24 hours with a unique link to download your free audiobook."
30 hours and counting ... no email.
Advert
Old 09-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #21
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
30 hours and counting ... no email.
Karen, I still think this has to do with the fact you did all of the "steps" from alternate pages rather than just the single page. When I signed up, I just used the two buttons in the top section of the page. I got my note within 5 hours.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:48 AM   #22
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
See next post.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:49 AM   #23
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for this! Looks interesting, but after just finishing "Mockingjay" I might have to wait a while before I can handle any more dystopias. BTW, your link could use a tweak (try this).

skinmaan
A "deep" question here: why aren't there many utopian novels? Is it because people have a penchant for dark, gloomy future scenarios, for some reason? There is not even such a thing as an utopian genre, at least that I've seen. It seems that there were more (though I don't think a lot more) utopian novels in, say, the 18th & 19th centuries.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-07-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:54 AM   #24
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Sign up was easy for me--first to Goodreads, then to Ford Audiobooks. Navigability leaves a lot to be desired. I wish that Ford had either used a dedicated website or, at worst, a Facebook or other social medium page.

Thanks, Froide for letting us know about this book club.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-07-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:18 AM   #25
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Sign up was easy for me--first to Goodreads, then to Ford Audiobooks. Navigability leaves a lot to be desired. I wish that Ford had either used a dedicated website or, at worst, a Facebook or other social medium page.

Thanks, Froide for letting us know about this book club.
My pleasure. Happy listening!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #26
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
A "deep" question here: why aren't there many utopian novels? Is it because people have a penchant for dark, gloomy future scenarios, for some reason? There is not even such a thing as an utopian genre, at least that I've seen. It seems that there were more (though I don't think a lot more) utopian novels in, say, the 18th & 19th centuries.
I think it has to do with our outlook, collectively. Even into the early part of the 20th century there was a lot of hope for the future. In the US at least, it re-surfaced after WWI, came back briefly after the Great Depression and WWII, then (seemingly) went away for good. Looking at current events I can understand the pessimism. I can read dystopias, but too many of them back-to-back and even I can get drug down.

Okay, that's all I'll say about that. It's an interesting question, but if you want to discuss it further we might to move this over to General Discussions so as to not violate the new rules.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #27
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Karen, I still think this has to do with the fact you did all of the "steps" from alternate pages rather than just the single page. When I signed up, I just used the two buttons in the top section of the page. I got my note within 5 hours.
Or because they were having massive problems the first two days, from the comments.

The page you used didn't really exist when I followed their directions on the FAQ page...
Old 09-07-2014, 10:09 PM   #28
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Or because they were having massive problems the first two days, from the comments.

The page you used didn't really exist when I followed their directions on the FAQ page...
Very possible. Odd, because it was there for me, then it disappeared, then it came back again. No wonder they are getting complaints.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #29
Piepan
Connoisseur
Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the middle of MN
Device: Kindle Fire HD6, Kindle Fire HD (Gen1), KT (original), KK, iPhone
Quote:

I think they must have fixed their problems because this evening I joined their group, shelved the book, and within the hour or so I got the email with the link.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #30
Piepan
Connoisseur
Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the middle of MN
Device: Kindle Fire HD6, Kindle Fire HD (Gen1), KT (original), KK, iPhone
New *short* freebie on Audible

I don't see this one listed on the other post of the current list of Audible freebies, but if I missed it being posted somewhere please forgive the repeat.

Boardwalk Empire Free Bonus Material:: The Speakeasy Guide to Prohibition Era Slang – Extended Edition

Duration: 14 minutes
Closed Thread

Tags
audible