Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
libinkview documentation

Hi!

libinkview documentation project started!

Related topic at the-ebook.org

Join our project!

Google code page: http://code.google.com/p/libinkviewdoc/

Documentation example: http://pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net/html/inkview_8h.html

In this example only 2 functions are documented: PartialUpdate() and PartialUpdateBW(). Use search in the top-right corner to find a function by name!
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Thank you for getting this going! I've already learned what "BW" stands for in the function names (unbelievable that I didn't guess it before). How does one join the project?

I think it would be good to connect the defines with the function flags they are used for. I also have some experience now with using threads with Inkview applications. It would be good if we had some Wiki space for sharing experiences and advice.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
MartinZ
Zealot
MartinZ doesn't litterMartinZ doesn't litter

Device: PB903, PB603
The next try....

Meesa Yousa started something like this already:

openbookus

And

yann did it before for 14.1 SDK

http://donkey.vernier.se/~yann/pbapi/doc/html/

And I suggested to continue this in the German thread here and I already created a partially commented, Doxygen-compatible inkview.h on my HD...

Of course I support your (hopefully finally successful) try and again thak you for your big work on SDK and now also on dokumentation.
I would really like to help:

Could you please tell us briefly, how the "workflow" has to be done on your site
http://code.google.com/p/libinkviewdoc/source/browse/
?

Do I have to download:
http://code.google.com/p/libinkviewd...owse/inkview.h
add or change comments and upload it back, or how does this work?

cheers, Martin.
MartinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinZ View Post
The next try....
I was in Kiev (PocketBook conference) and PB promised to turn it's face to us. We''ll se. Now thay became are close to us and I'll ask thay to help us with documentation (will be good if they give a developer to support us).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinZ
And
yann did it before for 14.1 SDK
Ok, thanks, we will use his work.

I suggest that we have a central storage (mercurial repository). And every developer that wants to join our project can:

1. clone this repository;
2. make his changes;
3. push his changes back to the central repository.

Quote:
And I suggested to continue this in the German thread here and I already created a partially commented, Doxygen-compatible inkview.h on my HD...
Nice! we can merge our work!

Quote:
Could you please tell us briefly, how the "workflow" has to be done on your site
http://code.google.com/p/libinkviewdoc/source/browse/
?
Our workflow will be:

1. Register at google code http://code.google.com/
2. Join to our project: http://code.google.com/p/libinkviewdoc/
3. Install mercurial (source control tool) in your linux environment
4. Add something like that in your ~/.hgrc:

[ui]
username = Sergey Vlasov <vlasovsoft@mail.ru>

(your email)

5. Login to google code, find our project
6. Use "hg clone <url>" to clone this project (makes local copy on you HD); You'll se the URL for read/write when you login;
6. Make some changes ...
7. Use hg commit -m "message" to commit your change to your local repository;
8. Use hg push <url> to transfer your changes to central repository.
9. I'll rebuild the documentation weekly.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 11-20-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Thank you for getting this going! I've already learned what "BW" stands for in the function names (unbelievable that I didn't guess it before). How does one join the project?
See my instructions above

Quote:
I think it would be good to connect the defines with the function flags they are used for.
I think doxygen will allow us to do it.

Quote:
I also have some experience now with using threads with Inkview applications. It would be good if we had some Wiki space for sharing experiences and advice.
Sure. I hope, documentation is the very first step.
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
See my instructions above
I have looked around the project site, but haven't found any way to join. Am I supposed to send you an E-mail to get commit privileges? Or would you just prefer patches?
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:28 AM   #7
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
I have looked around the project site, but haven't found any way to join. Am I supposed to send you an E-mail to get commit privileges? Or would you just prefer patches?
Sorry, I've forgotten that I should manually add you to project. Please send me your email (your login to google code) and I'll add you.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:21 AM   #8
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

MartinZ,

I just see you 2 issues. I'll merge them to inkview.h soon.

Btw...

How can I apply your patch to my inkview.h?

O, nice ...

patch -p1 < inkview.h.patch

I've committed your patches! Thanks, great job!

I noticed that we have different comments format. I think we have to use single format. As for me, the format "//!" is ok.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 11-21-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #9
MartinZ
Zealot

syntax of comments

Quote:
I noticed that we have different comments format. I think we have to use single format. As for me, the format "//!" is ok.
That's not "my" format, but I follow the syntax given by Doxygen.

Doxygen let's us steer the documentation, that it generates from the .h-file.

We can define groups, comment functions and their parameters and return values and a lot of more things.

For this Doxygen requires a certain way of commenting. I looked some techniques up in the Doxygen manual and used it this way.

If our aim is to have a Doxygen-generated html-documentation, we have to stick to Doxygen's syntax.

But you could suggest, which set of doxygen comments we should use and which one we should avoid, to get a homogen and smooth documentation-style.

by the way:

shouldn't it read "\brief" and not "\breaf" ?

Last edited by MartinZ; 11-21-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
That's not "my" format, but I follow the syntax given by Doxygen.

Doxygen let's us steer the documentation, that it generates from the .h-file.
I meant "commenting style". There are several "styles" in doxygen.

I saw that your style is "//!". My style was "/*!"

I've converted all to "//!".

Quote:
But you could suggest, which set of doxygen comments we should use and which one we should avoid, to get a homogen and smooth documentation-style.
"//!"

Quote:
by the way:
shouldn't it read "\brief" and not "\breaf" ?
Thanks! fixed.

BTW. I've updated my pbsdk site. Now it refers to documentation. But documentation main page is empty!

http://pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net/html/index.html

We should add something to the main page...

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 11-21-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #11
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Events handling section added. But not everything is clear ... Please review
Old 11-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
MartinZ
Zealot

changes

Hi developers,

1) I added / unified groups and subgroups and added comments (most of them like commented in yann's 14.1 documentation)

2) I changed doxfile so we get a treeview left side screen in doxygen - generated documentation

3) I used grouping scheme:

Code:
 //! \defgroup Groupname Description 
  //! \{

//! \}
or

Code:
 //! \addtogroup Groupname  
  //! \{

//! \}

for the main groups like "Graphics"

and

Code:
 //! \defgroup Groupname Description 
  //! @{

//! @}
or

Code:
 //! \addtogroup Groupname 
  //! @{

//! @}

"@" and "\" do the same - but this way you can see directly that "@" includes subgroups.

and I used

Code:
//! \name Description
//! @{

//! @}
for additional structuring.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:56 AM   #13
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

MartinZ, thanks! Great job!

I'll publish this version of docs on pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #14
MartinZ
Zealot

Link to html-documentation

Hi Sergey,

1.) Could you put a link to the html-documentation, that you host on your site to the google-code-project page?

2.) I think it would be quite helpful if we could link some example code to the functions and structs explanations.

3.) Thanks for latest comments on timer and sleep functions.

Greetings,
MartinZ
Old 12-05-2011, 06:13 AM   #15
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Hi Sergey,

1.) Could you put a link to the html-documentation, that you host on your site to the google-code-project page?
sure

Quote:

2.) I think it would be quite helpful if we could link some example code to the functions and structs explanations.
Yes, we can...

The 2 options are here:

1. Examples inside the docs:

//! \code
//! case EVT_KEYRELEASE:
//! {
//! printf("Before SendMessage()\n");
//! SendEvent(main_handler, 2000, 0, 0);
//! SendEvent(main_handler, 2000, 0, 0);
//! FlushEvents(); // the 2 pending events are not processed immediately... why?
//! printf("%d\n", IsAnyEvents()); // result is 1 ... why?
//! }
//! \endcode
//!

2. Examples outside the docs.

I prefer the first way... What about you?