Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
lyric39
lyric39
lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: elonex 621eb
Elonex 621eb

Hi I know there are quite a few people who have purchased the elonex 621eb who have had to return their product after it has frozen.
Here is the fix supplied bu Elonex, it works I discovered this after my second return, it is a firmware update. Just a quick note you will loose your stored books but at least you'll have a working reader. Here it is.
Firmware Upgrade
To complete the firmware upgrade for the 621EB please follow the steps below. In the vast majority of cases there is no need to perform this upgrade so it is recommended that you only complete the upgrade after being instructed to do so by our Technical Support Helpdesk.

PLEASE NOTE: A 2GB SD Card or larger is required for this firmware upgrade.

Step 1: Insert an empty SD Card into your computer and format the card to the FAT32 file system.
Step 2: Download the firmware file here to your SD Card.
Step 3: Unzip the firmware files into the SD Card. It will take about 15 minutes to do this step.
Step 4: Insert the SD card into the SD slot of the 621EB.
Step 5: Connect a source of power either from PC or from mains.
Step 6: Press the “Return” button, “Enter” button and the Reset button for 5 seconds. (The “Return” button is the third button on the left hand side of the eBook, and the Reset button, found on the rear of the unit, should be pressed with a paper clip).
Then release reset but still holding down the two other buttons. Keep holding the two buttons till the screen counts up 6 squares and then shows a new firmware screen. Once firmware screen pops up release buttons.
Step 7: The unit will then reboot and count up the 6 squares and then will jump into the firmware upgrade.
lyric39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
lyric39
lyric39
lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: elonex 621eb
Ps I havent visted my cosy mystery corner for a little while my job has kept me really busy but in between times I've been fascinated by a book which isnt a cozy but it is an amazing read iit's called "Shantaram" If you get a chance and would like a little change of pace I highly reccomend it. happy reading everyone
All the best
lyric39
lyric39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert