Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #46
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's a new hardback. The eBook price will fall when it's released in paperback.

At $14.99 it's already half the list price of the hardback.
The hardcover list price may be $27.99 but the presale price is $17.94. I think it will likely be cheaper than $14.99, either on November 13th or shortly thereafter. You're correct that the ebook will likely drop a good bit more by the time the softcover is released on April 30th for $9.96. (Quoted prices are from Amazon.) The release dates may differ in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
I have no qualms with $14.99. I paid that much for Kill Shot and it was worth every penny.
That's fine. We all have the option to pay the quoted price or wait. Since S&S books aren't in public libraries, those are the (legal) options.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
I have no qualms with $14.99. I paid that much for Kill Shot and it was worth every penny.
My TBR list is so long that I'll always wait for the cheaper eBook following the paperback release, but I have no philosophical problem with paying £10 ($15) for an eBook; if it gives me 6h of reading pleasure, it's still cheap entertainment at that price.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #48
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My TBR list is so long that I'll always wait for the cheaper eBook following the paperback release, but I have no philosophical problem with paying £10 ($15) for an eBook; if it gives me 6h of reading pleasure, it's still cheap entertainment at that price.
That's a good point. If I go to a movie and buy popcorn and a drink, when I emerge from the movie, blinded like a mole from the sunlight, I'm at least $15 poorer. By the time I get home, I'm lucky to remember half the movie. I get quite a bit more enjoyment (timewise, for certain) from a 450 page book.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #49
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Really. That's not a Fall book either. Clearly a Winter book. Why don't people ever read thread titles?

Yes, my tongue is firmly in my cheek. I am most definitely joking.
Too many beer too little time.:
Ooops! Too many books too little time

Helen

Last edited by speakingtohe; 08-30-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: wrong quote
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #50
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
I'm eagerly awaiting the new new H.P. Mallory book, Something Witchy This Way Comes.
Her ebooks are quite reasonably priced in the $4 to $5 range and keep me reading straight through.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #51
TimW
Wizard

For those who enjoy the House of Night series, there is a new one called Hidden that's available on October 16th. Preorder price is $9.99.

Amazon

B&N

Part 2 of The Passage Trilogy, The Twelve, is due out October 16th. The preorder price is $13.99.

Amazon

B&N

Last edited by TimW; 08-30-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #52
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
Agree with everything in your post, although for me, Vince Flynn is one of the few authors I will bump right to the top of my TBR.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #53
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
The Magus by John Fowles will be available on December 1st in the US.

Amazon

B&N

I don't see any pre-order links for other vendors yet.

Edit: I notice that Hachette is publishing the ebook. Therefore, it may be cheaper than $9.99 by December 1st.
Crazy. A book published in 1966 just being sold this year for $10.

Just FYI there are already digital copies around.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #54
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Midst Trial and Tribulation by David Weber to be released on September 18th.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #55
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
Midst Trial and Tribulation by David Weber to be released on September 18th.
You've reminded me that I'm looking forward to the paperback release of How Firm a Foundation on 13th September, when the ebook should become available in the UK.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #56
TimW
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Crazy. A book published in 1966 just being sold this year for $10.

Just FYI there are already digital copies around.
I'm sure there are. You can even purchase a legal copy if you're in the UK.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
The next Jack Reacher book by Lee Child is released tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that.
A Wanted Man is due September 11 in the US.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #58
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A Wanted Man is due September 11 in the US.
True, but was released today in the UK.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
True, but was released today in the UK.
It's already making the rounds.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #60
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I'm waiting for Red Country by Joe Abercrombie. The US cover is very generic, I don't think Orbit is even trying to sell this book.

The UK release (October 18th) is five days before the US. Almost all US releases are on Tuesday, are most UK releases on Thursday?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote