Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
hrsemtn
hrsemtn began at the beginning.

Device: nook color (running n2a sd)
problem loading to nook color

calibre recognizes my device and sd. when I try to send files to device (granted files are greater than 2gb) transfer starts, loads a couple books, then nook ejects itself (turns off usb storage). Tried to load smaller file, about a gig, same result. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
hrsemtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsemtn View Post
calibre recognizes my device and sd. when I try to send files to device (granted files are greater than 2gb) transfer starts, loads a couple books, then nook ejects itself (turns off usb storage). Tried to load smaller file, about a gig, same result. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Is your Nook timing out and going to sleep prior to the transfer completing? This happened with a device I used to have.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
hrsemtn

No set to stay awake while connected. Managed to get 4971 of 5408 books into sd in 3 files, Aldiko and Moonreader give errors trying to load files. currently attempting to add to Moonreaders internal folder by using windows file transfer via usb. Nook turned off usb storage by itself about halfway through 755mb first file. Windows error came up, told nook to turn usb storage back on, told windows try again, finished first file trying for second file now. Dont know if reader will import to itself or not.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsemtn View Post
Managed to get 4971 of 5408 books into sd in 3 files,
What do you mean "in 3 files"?

What Windows error?

Is your SD card formated as FAT32? If it is FAT16 reformat it as FAT32 and try again.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
hrsemtn

Moved a third of my calibre library to nook, moved that file, loaded next third etc. windows error "cannot locate disk I" offers try again or cancel. told nook turn on usb storage waited amoment and told windows try again. sd format fat32. Moonreader has loaded 3600 of 4100 epub files, still working. Still dont know where files disappear to, started with 5408 files in calibre, 4971 in nook, 4100 in moonreader.