Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
smd79
smd79 began at the beginning.

Device: Eco Reader
Eco Reader Help

Hi

I recently got my Eco Reader, but have run into to few problems.

I charged the reader up as per instructions and went to connect the Reader to my PC (running Windows 7) the device was detected and installed. My computer showed the 2 additional drives mentioned in the instructions, however the drive for the ECO reader itself came up as unformatted.
Adobe DE will not detect the reader either are the 2 issues related?

I've tried my other USB ports but the result is the same.

As where can I download the latest firmware for the Eco Reader?, the Eco Reader site just an email address to be added to notification list for new firmware updates.

Update: I tested the reader with a SD card (actually a micro SD with SD card converter) and it worked fine. Adobe DE detected the SD card and allowed me to authorize it and the ECO Reader was able to read the card and all the Epubs I copied to it flawlessly. Something dodgy with the internal memory of the reader?

Last edited by smd79; 07-31-2010 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Update information
smd79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd79 View Post

As where can I download the latest firmware for the Eco Reader?, the Eco Reader site just an email address to be added to notification list for new firmware updates.

Update: I tested the reader with a SD card (actually a micro SD with SD card converter) and it worked fine. Adobe DE detected the SD card and allowed me to authorize it and the ECO Reader was able to read the card and all the Epubs I copied to it flawlessly. Something dodgy with the internal memory of the reader?
I'm afraid I really can't help you with the ECO Reader connection problem, since I have always put ebooks directly on the SD card through an SD card reader. I've never had a problem doing it that way

So far as the firmware updates are concerned I think you'll find that you go on the mailing list automatically when you buy the ECO Reader, and they will inform you when a new update is available. There hasn't been an upgrade for a while now.

So far as I know my reader has the latest firmware, which is V2.20AU.091028.
Page 28 of the manual tells you how to check what firmware level your reader has.

Finally, CBell works for ECO Reader and is a member of MobileRead Forums, and has always been very helpful.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
teemac
teemac doesn't litterteemac doesn't litter

Device: ECO Reader V3ext, ECO Reader V3+
There is one newer update on the download site:
V3update-AU-2.20-20100311.zip

I don't think I am supposed to publish the URL for it, so you will have to contact DA Direct and ask for the link.
teemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thanks, Alex and teemac

smd79 has a V3+ ECO Reader, so the firmware is a different version to yours, but thank you both very much for responding. We're in touch by email, sorting this out.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:31 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Thanks, Alex and teemac

smd79 has a V3+ ECO Reader, so the firmware is a different version to yours, but thank you both very much for responding. We're in touch by email, sorting this out.
Thanks, Christine. Is there a later firmware upgrade than the one on my ECO reader that I quoted above?

Regards, Alex
Old 08-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Alex, teemac is correct - there's a later version than you're running.

Latest firmware:

ECO Reader (V3, 4 greyscale) <V3update-AU-2.20-20100311.zip> (11/03/2010)
ECO Reader (V3+, 16 greyscale) <v3asetup.2.02AU.100722.TTS.zip> (22/07/2010)
ECO Eclipse <v5setup.2.02AU.100524.zip> (24/05/2010)
Old 08-03-2010, 04:45 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Alex, teemac is correct - there's a later version than you're running.

Latest firmware:

ECO Reader (V3, 4 greyscale) <V3update-AU-2.20-20100311.zip> (11/03/2010)
ECO Reader (V3+, 16 greyscale) <v3asetup.2.02AU.100722.TTS.zip> (22/07/2010)
ECO Eclipse <v5setup.2.02AU.100524.zip> (24/05/2010)
Thanks, I must have missed the notification. I'll go look for it.

Regards, Alex
Old 08-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
smd79
smd79 began at the beginning.

Device: Eco Reader
Thanks for the replies, I resolved the issue by reformatting the readers drive.
Mind you for some reason the reader will not function on some of my USB ports (even through the ports are in perfect working order).

I've successfully uploaded my epubs to it.
smd79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:42 AM   #9
cbell
Frenetic

I'll let the ECO Reader helpdesk know their suggestion fixed your problem, smd79.

Thanks for letting us know all's well now
Old 09-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #10
teemac
teemac doesn't litterteemac doesn't litter

Device: ECO Reader V3ext, ECO Reader V3+
@cbell - Christine, I have just purchased a new ECO Reader V3+ to replace the old V3 I bought last year - also need the new V3+ firmware link.

Have PM'd you.

Thanks.
teemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #11
cbell
Frenetic

I saw your order, teemac and I pm'd you last week. I don't see your pm, though... I will email you the link tomorrow (I have your email address). Thank you for your order!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #12
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Irex Iliad (Dead), EcoReader (Smashed screen), Kobo Touch
I'd also like a link to the latest v3+ firmware, mine seem to be running 2.02AU.100505,

And I'm hoping that the later firmware fixes problems connecting my ecoreader to a Mac.

I have emailed service at ecoreader dot com but have yet to receive a reply after 48 hours, maybe I'm being hasty

Last edited by pwarren; 11-09-2010 at 09:16 PM.
pwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #13
iq6000
Enthusiast
iq6000 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iq6000 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iq6000 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iq6000 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iq6000 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iq6000 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iq6000 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iq6000 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iq6000 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iq6000 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iq6000 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: ECO Reader, iPhone
Just wanted to say thanks everyone for your help.
I bought my ECO Reader and realised it needed a firmware update.
I was sent the link to the update and, well, I sort of followed the instructions - except that I only had a 2GB SD card and the instructions said use a 1GB or less card to install the update.
Decided to give it a go - it wouldn't do any harm, right?
Well I couldn't get it to start the upload process - just a blank screen.
"Oh well", I thought "I am sure I have a smaller SD card somewhere in the house (it is in my daughter's camera - but who knows where the camera is?) - I will worry about it later. " My husband was trying to hurry me up so I would go to work with him (on MY day off work), so I packed the reader and left the house. When I got to his workshop I opened the reader - but the book I was reading wasn't there. No big deal - it is on the computer at home, I will just read something else. There were only a few books on the reader though, instead of about 100. "That's OK - I will fix it when I get home."
Yeah - 6 hours later. I attempted the update again with the 2GB card. I wanted to make sure I had otherwise followed the instructions exactly.
Success! Firmware updated! Despite the 2GB card.
But the books! Somehow the reader's drive was reporting 56GB of files, which were corrupted and couldn't be opened, deleted or renamed. The files were dated from 1/1/1604 to May 2047.
56 gigabytes - pretty impressive for an ECO Reader!! I was impressed, anyway....
I tried a few things but no luck. I knew I could get rid of the corrupt files by formatting, but I have always seen that as a bit of a risky procedure - so easy to get wrong!!
So I logged on to this forum, did a bit of searching and reading and found the confidence to go ahead with the format.
It worked perfectly - I formatted the drive and was then able to copy all my books back. And because I was starting from scratch I could easily reorganise the whole file setup with new folders and sub folders and all the books are now in categories.
I love categories!
So now I have an up to date reader, all my books organised - now I just need to make time to read more!!!

Thanks,
Angela
iq6000 is offline   Reply With Quote