Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
Post The Kinshield Legacy, an epic fantasy adventure - $2.99

My epic fantasy novel, The Kinshield Legacy, was first published in hardcover in 2005 by a small press. At the five-year mark, they reverted rights back to me, and so I've made it available in various eBook formats.

Kindle version
Barnes & Noble
Smashwords
Author web site
Author Blog

A mysterious stone tablet with five magical gems has sat abandoned in a cave for two hundred years. The kingdom is in ruins, with only warrant knights to keep the peace. But then, the gems in the tablet, one by one, disappear.

Warrant knight Gavin Kinshield is a man of many secrets. He's the one deciphering the runes in the tablet. Unless he can find a suitable replacement, he'll be Thendylath's next king. All he really wants is the letter written by his ancestor Ronor Kinshield, champion to King Arek, confessing the truth of how the king perished... a letter he must earn by tracking down a common thief.

But when Gavin saves a woman's life, what should have been a simple task draws him face-to-face with his nightmarish past... and the truth of King Arek's demise.

"The Kinshield Legacy is a rousing good fantasy tale, with nice characterization and some ferocious action. These days I read primarily for business rather than pleasure, but I found myself eager to return to this novel."
~ Piers Anthony, Author of the Xanth novels

"From the very first page, The Kinshield Legacy grabs you by the throat and propels you into a world of magic, sorcery, jeweled-eyed gargoyles and a sisterhood of female warriors. A world where beyonders savage unsuspecting travelers; where a dark, yet charismatic, wizard covets the king’s
throne for his own and will let no one get in his way—including the rightful ruler. He who claims the King’s Bloodstone shall reign as king. Enter Gavin Kinshield, warrant knight and rune solver, a man haunted by his past, and a hero like no other. A rousing debut from K. C. May, an author
worth watching."
~ Carol Davis Luce, Author of Night Passage

"The Kinshield Legacy, is a spellbinding tale of magical moments with truly unforgettable characters. You will find this book difficult to put down as you follow the twists and turns of a finely woven story, cheering on the main character as he follows the path to his destiny."
~ a B&N reviewer

"A wonderful, fascinating read from cover to cover. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. As a first novel, The Kinshield Legacy shows an author with extraordinary talent for weaving an intricate tale with believable characters and dialogue."
~ a B&N reviewer

"This fantasy grabbed me from the first page and didn't let go until the last one...although it's clear this is just the beginning of a great series. The characters are gritty and real, the scenes unforgettable, the chemistry between the main characters irrisistable."
~ a B&N reviewer

"The strong story arc, somewhat tortured but good-natured hero, and sympathetic supporting characters make this a pleasure to read, and I will wait impatiently for the second volume. While I expect K.C. May's writing to mature further with succeeding novels, she's written this in straight-forward language, which keeps the reader well abreast of the story as it unfolds. Not always an easy task when characters change sides and the charcters are hiding plots within plots."
~ an Amazon.com reviewer

"I was hooked from beginning to end. The Kinshield Legacy sold me on reading more fantasy instead of my usual mystery/suspense fare. The characters are wonderful - well-drawn, interesting, multi-faceted. I found the writing to be superb, especially for a first book. The riveting story and artfully-created world drew me in and kept me there. I look forward to more from K.C. May."
~ an Amazon.com reviewer

Bloggers who've reviewed The Kinshield Legacy:

http://www.syriasays.com
http://sfbook.com/the-kinshield-legacy.htm
http://bardsandsages.gather.com/view...81474978616759
http://gracekrispy.blogspot.com/2010...y-kc-mays.html
http://bluefairysbookshelf.blogspot....ld-legacy.html
http://www.darkissreads.com/2011/01/...y-k-c-may.html

P.S. The sequel, The Wayfarer King, is now out, too!

~KC May

Last edited by kcmay; 08-05-2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Updated description
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Looks great, but the Smashwords link here doesn't work. I searched for the book and found it here. Also, your website is beautiful.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Looks intersting. You got me interested but it's not easy to obtain.
Smashword seems to be down at the moment and although the book is up on Amazon there's no button/option to buy it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pic...pictureid=3142
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops! I messed up the Smashwords URL. Should be fixed now. I see a Buy button for the Amazon page. I wonder why you don't. I've gotten sales, so it's not just visible for me. Hmmm!

Thanks for the compliment on the web site.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmay View Post
Oops! I messed up the Smashwords URL. Should be fixed now. I see a Buy button for the Amazon page. I wonder why you don't. I've gotten sales, so it's not just visible for me. Hmmm!
Smashwords is up again so I got it from there. The Amazon link is really strange, perhaps you could get someone to confirm it for you. In this screenshot I can't see any buy button. All I get is "not currently available". Can it be that there are some geographical restrictions in play.

Last edited by thinkpad; 07-31-2010 at 05:06 PM.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
kcmay
Addict

Oh, I think you're right, thinkpadx. The book was just recently released in the U.S., and I believe it takes a while longer to get it to the international Amazon site.

Thanks for your interest!
Old 07-31-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
JRM34857
Enthusiast
JRM34857 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / Kindle 3 / Nook Touch
Picked up a copy at Smashwords. I am looking forward to reading it.
JRM34857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
kcmay
Addict

Great! Thanks. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #9
kcmay
Addict

I put a Smashwords coupon code on my web site so you can get this book for $1.49 until August 1!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #10
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I put a Smashwords coupon code on my web site so you can get this book for $1.49 until August 1!
It's already past August 1
Old 08-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I paid full price last night for it as the code had expired. But not a worry, look forward to reading this book.

I am not a great fantasy fan, but this looks a fine read.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:50 AM   #12
kcmay
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
It's already past August 1
D'oh! I meant to say August 31. Sorry!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #13
banjobama
Busy Read'n

Quote:
D'oh! I meant to say August 31. Sorry!
Ha ha ha, it's okay. I bought the book full price anyway.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #14
kcmay
Addict

Thank you! Hope you enjoy the story.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #15
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
!! YES !!

KC, this is what I mean whenever packaging the author and the book are discussed. Right now you are my new poster child for the indie author. Cheers to you!

I'll put your book in my wish list for when I get the chance to actually enjoy some free time

Keep up the good work.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epic fantasy, fantasy ebooks, fantasy novels, sword and sorcery, women warriors