Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Arrow It like a portable Microsoft surface table

If they can somehow squeeze out useable battery life (not likely). This could be a very cool device

http://gizmodo.com/5381011/microsoft...aked-interface

also a prototype video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5DWWRIxxzU

Last edited by davidspitzer; 11-04-2009 at 12:08 PM.
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
This really looks great but I don't think I would want it for an ebook reader, primarily because of the LCD screen. But I could see other uses for it.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I'm beginning to think this might actually happen - the first article I was like, "Ooohhh nice, but it'll never make it to production", the second I was like, "Ok, still nice, I like it, I'd use it - but it'll never make it to production", and now I'm thinking, "This BETTER make it to production!"
Reading on an LCD screen doesn't bother me, but I can see a ton of uses for this, reading included.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Meh looks ok, but I would be more interested in the 'possible' Apple tablet because of app store than the 'possible' Microsoft courier.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Meh looks ok, but I would be more interested in the 'possible' Apple tablet because of app store than the 'possible' Microsoft courier.
And I'm the complete opposite. I don't care about the app store, I want Windows because it supports every ebook reading software out there. Tomato, Tomahto. All depends on how you'd use the device, I suppose. I want it mainly for reading (LCD doesn't bother me). I don't play games, I don't do social networking on my mobile device, I don't watch videos on my mobile device. I DO listen to music, but I have my BB for that - it replaced my mp3 player because the sound and interface were so much better than the cheapie mp3 player I had.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert