Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-26-2008, 09:03 PM   #91
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I made some edits to the Mobi2Mobi Mac Install page per some issues the goodbadDeb had. Namely:

Xcode Tools apparently isn't always on install Disk 2.

Also, there are some dependency prompts that come up when you install the Image::Size module. So, I just made sure to note that these need to be installed.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #92
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There was a report of success on the Amazon Forums on Sunday for your Mobi2Mobi Mac work.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #93
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
I've noticed that although the mobi2mobi scripts seem to work fine in most cases on a Mac, I can‘t seem to change the author string on any .prc created by Stanza (it gives me an error message). I can change the title, but not the author.

Mike

Last edited by JMikeD; 11-27-2008 at 05:16 PM.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:49 PM   #94
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I don't think Stanza plays nice.

Even though I use Windows, as an experiment, I took a one page text file and used Stanza to convert it to a .prc and .mobi file. I then tried to open the files in MP Reader, both showed as corrupted and wouldn't open.

I used the Mobi2Mobi GUI to open the .prc file and filled in the metadata. The conversion worked but I still can't open the file in MP Reader.

I opened the .mobi file and filled in the metadata and this one won't even convert.

Here's the really fun part. The .prc and .mobi files created in Stanza, won't open in Stanza. This was with the current version: 1.0.0-beta13 build #1:375.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:12 PM   #95
crow
crow began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I know nothing about scripts except for what I have been able to pic up the last couple of days and your wiki is sooo helpful. I am on a mac and have downloaded the scripts, python, x11, xcode, macports and have followed the directions for kindlepid but what I get is-

-bash: kindlepid: command not found

Can anyone clue me into what I am doing wrong?
crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 10:43 PM   #96
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crow View Post

Are you doing this immediately after the "sudo ln -s" command (in the same Terminal session)? If so, then under Linux (and I assume Mac OS) you would first need to issue the command:
Code:
rehash
to get the new command registered. Or just open a new Terminal, as in the Visual Guide.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:56 PM   #97
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow View Post

Wow... no where near enough information.

What directory are you in. Did you create a link. What is your path? Did you have any problems when you followed the directions on setting this up?

BOb
Old 01-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #98
frecklpwr
frecklpwr began at the beginning.

Hi there. Like the previous poster, I too am having trouble with the instructions. I followed everything to the letter, but am having trouble with the very first command. This is what I get after entering the first command.

~ christina$ cd /usr/local/bin
-bash: cd: /usr/local/bin: No such file or directory

Is there something that I need other than the directions are stating. My husband added python because he didn't think my computer was running it, but that hasn't helped the situation. Please treat me like the clueless for whom you posted how to access the command line. I can take it

Thanks

Thanks
frecklpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #99
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frecklpwr View Post
Hi there. Like the previous poster, I too am having trouble with the instructions. I followed everything to the letter, but am having trouble with the very first command. This is what I get after entering the first command.

~ christina$ cd /usr/local/bin
-bash: cd: /usr/local/bin: No such file or directory

Is there something that I need other than the directions are stating. My husband added python because he didn't think my computer was running it, but that hasn't helped the situation. Please treat me like the clueless for whom you posted how to access the command line. I can take it

Thanks

Thanks
Actually I think Deb had this problem too. Apparently /usr/local/bin doesn't exsit be default.

instead do...

cd /usr/local

If that works do

sudo mkdir bin

Then do

cd /usr/local/bin

Make sure /usr/local/bin is in your path by going to /etc and edit the paths file...

You can do the following at the command line...

cd /etc
sudo pico paths

Here is what mine contains:

/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/sbin
/usr/local/bin

Then continue on with creating the symbolic link.

BOb
Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #100
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
My husband added python because he didn't think my computer was running it
Why did he think that? What version of OS X do you have?

BOb
Old 01-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #101
frecklpwr

Nope, that didn't work either.

christina$ cd /usr/local
-bash: cd: /usr/local: No such file or directory

I ended up going ahead with the scripts even though that first command didn't work. When I added "python" in front of the kindlepid command, I finally got the PID.

I am now attempting to kindlefix the sample book on the kindlefix wiki (The Natural) and am having similar problems.

~/downloads christina$ kindlefix Natural-583.prc F######Y
-bash: kindlefix: command not found

I can't get it to recognize the kindlefix command. Any tips on that topic?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #102
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
~/downloads christina$ kindlefix Natural-583.prc F######Y
-bash: kindlefix: command not found
Try:
Code:
python kindlefix.py Natural-583.prc 'F######*#Y'
The kindlefix.py script then needs to be in the downloads directory (with Natural-583.prc).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #103
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Nope, that didn't work either.

christina$ cd /usr/local
-bash: cd: /usr/local: No such file or directory
I can't get it to recognize the kindlefix command. Any tips on that topic?
So you don't have a /usr/local either? Geeze. What version of OS x are you running?

You can type

python kindlefix Natural-583.prc F######Y

BOb.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #104
frecklpwr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So you don't have a /usr/local either? Geeze. What version of OS x are you running?

You can type

python kindlefix Natural-583.prc F######Y

BOb.
I'm using 10.4.11 and the above doesn't work either. Go figure.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #105
frecklpwr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Try:
Code:
python kindlefix.py Natural-583.prc 'F######*#Y'
The kindlefix.py script then needs to be in the downloads directory (with Natural-583.prc).

Thanks. Tried that and got this

~/downloads christina$ python kindlefix.py Natural-583. prc F#####BY
kindlefix.py:61: FutureWarning: hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4 and up
if off1==0xFFFFFFFF or off1==0:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "kindlefix.py", line 2, in ?
import prc, sys, struct
ImportError: No module named prc

Tags
kindle visual guide, kindlefix, kindlepid, mobi2mobi, mobi2mobi gui