Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Kobo App "Library" -- what's the point?

I'm sure there are already threads on this, but given that we've just got the new firmware (for the wifi version anyhow), and this hasn't changed:

When I open the Kobo desktop thingie, my "library" shows exactly six books, the single book I've bought from the Kobo store, and five of the freebies (Alice in Wonerland, Huck Finn, Grimm's Fairy Tales, Dracula, and Memoirs of S. Holmes).

This never changes. There's no way to get all of the books in the reader to show up -- that would be nice! Can't organize, delete, do anything. Well, okay, I can read the books, and my existing place gets marked.

Will this always be like this? Because it's useless as is. ADE, inconvenient as it is to have two bits of software to do one function, even works better than this.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by corona View Post
I'm sure there are already threads on this, but given that we've just got the new firmware (for the wifi version anyhow), and this hasn't changed:

When I open the Kobo desktop thingie, my "library" shows exactly six books, the single book I've bought from the Kobo store, and five of the freebies (Alice in Wonerland, Huck Finn, Grimm's Fairy Tales, Dracula, and Memoirs of S. Holmes).

This never changes. There's no way to get all of the books in the reader to show up -- that would be nice! Can't organize, delete, do anything. Well, okay, I can read the books, and my existing place gets marked.

Will this always be like this? Because it's useless as is. ADE, inconvenient as it is to have two bits of software to do one function, even works better than this.
The desktop app only shows the books that are in your "I'm Reading" list on your online account.

If you don't like the desktop app, do what I do, use Calibre. It works great and is perfect for managing your library.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:

Useless is quite a stretch. You got 5 freebies on the desktop app and 100 on the eReader. The desktop app syncs to the eReader - not the other way around. If you've got a new WiFi unit, you've already got full library management on the eReader. What's the problem?
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #4
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:

I use the desktop app to read books on my computer. Whenever I update the library (upper right hand corner blue button) it adds the new books I have bought from Kobo (I usually use ADE to add them to my reader since my wife and I each have a Kobo, use one account, and have different taste in books).

1.71 desktop app seems to run faster and it is nice to be able to delete the books if I want to using the app.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote