Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #976
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Today I had my first sub-70kg measurement! I expect it'll be a few more weeks before I'm regularly below 70kg, but it does seem that this time I'm going to get to my target weight. Now to make sure I stay there!
A little over-indulgence, and a shoulder injury have brought my weight back up to just over 71kg. Time to buckle down again to my reducing diet.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:14 AM   #977
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
A little over-indulgence, and a shoulder injury have brought my weight back up to just over 71kg. Time to buckle down again to my reducing diet.
Hmm... 73kg today! Hopefully just a blip due to the medicine, but it might have something to do with comfort eating, which I must now cut out.
Advert
Old 10-23-2014, 11:27 PM   #978
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Good luck GM! Hang in there!

The last few kgs are always the hardest to lose and maintain. I've gain a couple kg as well (I blame Nutella) and there goes my target of losing enough weight before Christmas before I pile it all back on. Oh well, a couple months more to achieve it, or I'll just need to work harder to lose all that weight next year LOL.
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:43 AM   #979
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Soda View Post
Good luck GM! Hang in there!
Thank you! My weight has certainly been odd this past couple of weeks with my shoulder injury. From just under 70kg to over 73kg, and now at 72kg this morning!

The good news is that a couple of sessions with the osteopath and a short course of valium from my GP (which , it turns out, is very effective for muscle spasms, apart from its anti-anxiety use) seems to have done the trick, and my shoulder is now even better than is was before it started hurting a couple of weeks ago.

And I now have a cunning plan to avoid snacking at the office charity tuck shop - I'm not bringing any cash with me in to work!

So I'm hopeful that I'll see another sub-70kg weight before the end of November. I'll post then and we'll see!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #980
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Well, I've gone from 198 kg/435 lbs in mid-May to 160.6 kg/354 lb today. Hoping to eventually be 68 kg/150 lbs or so. But that goal's obviously at least a couple of years away.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2014, 04:33 AM   #981
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Well, I've gone from 198 kg/435 lbs in mid-May to 160.6 kg/354 lb today. Hoping to eventually be 68 kg/150 lbs or so. But that goal's obviously at least a couple of years away.
Congratulations! 1.5kg/week (which seems to be about what you've been losing) is, as I'm sure you know, the maximum loss rate you should be aiming for. And as you drop in weight, expect that rate to drop as well, of course.

But it sounds like you have a sensible approach. I hope you carry on as well as you've started, and will get to your desired weight sometime in 2017.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #982
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Happy New Year, everyone!

I didn't make it back down to 70kg in November, but I did see 71kg.

However. Two weeks of much over-indulgence and I'm back up to 74kg.

And I must admit, I don't think I'll over-indulge quite so much next year. After a year of modest eating, I found I didn't enjoy being over-full.

So - starting today, I'm back to not snacking/over-indulging. I got down to below 70kg (just) at one point last year, and I'm now determined to do it again this year and this time keep it there.

How is everyone else? Any New Year Resolutions this year?
Old 01-01-2015, 11:49 PM   #983
moyogi2
ereader apprentice guru
moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-T1, Sony 300 (so far)
currently at 109kg, down from 129 a year ago today. Trying to get below 100 kg this year. The holidays are really tough - food everywhere, and so many treats I never see the rest of the year.
moyogi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:12 AM   #984
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyogi2 View Post
currently at 109kg, down from 129 a year ago today. Trying to get below 100 kg this year. The holidays are really tough - food everywhere, and so many treats I never see the rest of the year.
Congratulations! That's an impressive reduction. I'm sure you'll be able to make your target reduction for this year too.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #985
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
With some trepidation I stood on the scales last night, and I have only put on a pound (0.5 kilos) over the holiday, so I am really pleased! I still want to lose another 10-15 pounds (6 to 7 kilos) but am happy I don't have the additional Christmas indulgence to overcome first.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:59 AM   #986
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
With some trepidation I stood on the scales last night, and I have only put on a pound (0.5 kilos) over the holiday, so I am really pleased! I still want to lose another 10-15 pounds (6 to 7 kilos) but am happy I don't have the additional Christmas indulgence to overcome first.
Wow. I'm impressed!
Old 01-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #987
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyogi2 View Post
The holidays were the biggest temptation and obstacle of all, especially for people who wanted to stay fit. I've always reasoned that a little indulgence doesn't hurt, but usually it ends up that it's just not that little. Hahaha.
I don't think I want to give up that part of the holidays just yet.
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #988
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
For health reasons, I'm on a very strict diet... very, very, very strict diet. No dairy, salt, sugar, sugarified or processed food. No Mexican food unless it's all natural and healthy... *shaking head* Needless to say it's very hard to stick to the diet. There are always sweets in the kitchen and everyone has a sweet tooth, even those professing to be eating healthy. They do it a escondidas (behind closed doors or at my mother's).

Our lives revolve around food, it seems... Chanting Kundalini Yoga and Buddhist mantras is helping me not give into temptation as much and having healthy snacks around helps a lot (e.g., 21 Whole Grains bread, fruit and pure, organic honey).

I gave into temptation a few days ago--on the 30 and 31st, as well as yesterday. But no more hopefully. I'm going to be honest in this thread about my eating habits--when I give into temptation and what I eat. Hopefully that'll help me stay true to myself and not give in throughout the winter.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention... I've lost 30 or 40 lbs on this diet. I haven't weighed myself 'cause our weight scale is broken, but... I don't feel the need to really. I just know I've lost a lot of weight and need to buy new jeans soon--really soon!

Last edited by trichobezoar; 01-05-2015 at 01:01 PM.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #989
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I would like to lose some bodyfat over the next 3 months in order to make training for a half-marathon easier. I indulged in eggnog and Christmas cookies over the holidays so I also need to undo that damage. My game plan will be eliminating refined sugar except for one treat a day (dark chocolate almonds) and reducing dairy, and including protein in every meal and snack. I'll track total calories with the MyFitnessPal app.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:14 PM   #990
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I would like to lose some bodyfat over the next 3 months in order to make training for a half-marathon easier... I'll track total calories with the MyFitnessPal app.
That's great, TreadLightly! I miss running... I wanna check out that app. *google searching* It's downloadable at the Apple App Store and Google Play! Cool! That's one way to keep track of what I'm eating.

'Hope you let us know how the half-marathon goes!
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote