Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
erase all tags ?

Hi kovid,

I have downloaded 0.6.26 and its grand. I have an issue that has nothing to do with the version of calibre. I am "cleaning" my tags for my books and for this would like to remove all tags for all books in order to apply afterwards the right tags to each book.

How can I remove all tags ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Assuming you dont have insane numbers of tags you can use the bulk metadata edit dialog. Just select all books and typpe in the various tag names.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Assuming you dont have insane numbers of tags you can use the bulk metadata edit dialog. Just select all books and typpe in the various tag names.
Hi kovid,

thanks for the quick answer. I tried, but it did not work . That's the reason why I thought I should start from scrap....
Old 12-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm if that didn't work there's no alternative but to do it item by item
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
aceflor
Wizard

oh well, thanks anyway. Calibre is still a magnificent piece of software !
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 01:44 AM   #6
SirBC
Connoisseur
SirBC is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
I am also trying to remove *all* tags from my existing books so that after I do this no books will have any tags. I've tried doing a bulk metadata edit, selecting the tags editor and then deleting all tags, but all of my existing books still have tags.

Is there a way to delete all of the tags from the books that are currently in Calibre without having to go through them one-by-one?

-Dave
SirBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:58 AM   #7
SirBC
Connoisseur
SirBC is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
The instructions in this post worked (missed it on my initial search):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...17&postcount=6
SirBC is offline   Reply With Quote