Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #16
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Jon, I think that you might be over-reacting just a little with this one. It's not a money-off offer like 'Holidaygift'. It's an invitation to take part in a survey.
The organisers are free to decline to interview anyone who doesn't meet their criteria, or when they have enough participants. (e.g. I doubt whether they'd be interested in me because I'm not in the USA.) So there's no element of deception. Rather it's an offer to interview suitable participants who will be compensated for their time. They aren't obliged to give $75 to all comers. In fact I don't see how one could 'steal' $75 from them.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #17
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Besides, I've seen an ad from McKinsey advertising the survey on the forum, so clearly they're not interested in keeping it a secret.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #18
spirits
Connoisseur
spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
I just took the survey

I need to encourage the timid ones who did not take the survey but received the email to go right ahead. The people at McKinsey are friendly & professional. You'd like it. Plus you're an important part of the survey too because they'd have enough extrovert as it is to respond to their calls. In terms of security, they really wouldn't put so much effort into asking you questions if they just want your contact.
spirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:20 PM   #19
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
if they want to post a survey for me to fill out anonymously I'd be glad to, for free even
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The only personal info they asked for was a phone number to call me at, and an address to send the "reward."

They also offered to give me a number to call them, and if you accept the PayPal option, all you have to give them is the e-mail associated with that.
Advert
Old 03-17-2008, 03:40 AM   #21
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
The only personal info they asked for was a phone number to call me at, and an address to send the "reward."

They also offered to give me a number to call them, and if you accept the PayPal option, all you have to give them is the e-mail associated with that.
Has anyone else chosen the PayPal reward option and had the funds sent to their PayPal account?

I'm beginning to wonder if this was on the up & up. I have yet to get my $75 deposited.

I can live without the dough, but if it's not legit it makes me wonder who would go to the trouble to get names and phone numbers from this forums members.

Color me paranoid, but have we been duped?
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:03 AM   #22
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
Has anyone else chosen the PayPal reward option and had the funds sent to their PayPal account?

I'm beginning to wonder if this was on the up & up. I have yet to get my $75 deposited.

I can live without the dough, but if it's not legit it makes me wonder who would go to the trouble to get names and phone numbers from this forums members.

Color me paranoid, but have we been duped?
I chose the Visa Gift Card option and received the card last Friday.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:47 AM   #23
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I guess they are 'not a crook'.
Thanks!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #24
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Same here.

Now I guess I'm glad I decided I didn't want to figure out how to accept PayPal payments right now.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #25
janiebegood
Enthusiast
janiebegood began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, K1 (RIP), K2, K3, and now Kindle Fire!
I did the interview on Thurs 3/13 and chose the PayPal option. Unfortunately, I've yet to receive the payment in my account.

I sent an e-mail on Friday asking when I should expect it, but haven't received any response.

Like Kingston, I can live without the money, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
janiebegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I got the PayPal payment the same day as my interview.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:24 PM   #27
janiebegood
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I got the PayPal payment the same day as my interview.
I'm glad to hear that, kovidgoyal.

Maybe it's just an administrative glitch...
Old 03-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #28
janiebegood
Enthusiast

Update:

I received a response to my e-mail, and the payment is now in my paypal account. Probably a little more dramatic than it needed to be, but the transaction is now done.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:21 AM   #29
Kingston
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiebegood View Post
Update:

I received a response to my e-mail, and the payment is now in my paypal account. Probably a little more dramatic than it needed to be, but the transaction is now done.

I did the interview on a Thursday and got the PayPal payment the following Tuesday. Actually I got $71.02 as PayPal took the rest as a processing fee.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:36 AM   #30
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Got mine, took a few days but things happen.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote