Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Gamgee
Gamgee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Catalog generation fail

Hello all,

Can't seem to generate a Catalog... Using Calibre 0.8.68 on Linux (Slackware). When I try the catalog in .MOBI format I get the following error. It does work properly if I choose .CSV output format...

Code:
Generate catalog
 Sections: Authors, Titles
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating mobi for kindle in GUI environment
 connected_device: 'None'
 book count: 969
 opts:
  author_clip: 60
  catalog_title: u'My Books'
  connected_kindle: False
  description_clip: 100
  exclude_genre: u'.'
  exclusion_rules: ()
  fmt: u'mobi'
  header_note_source_field: ''
  merge_comments_rule: '::True'
  output_profile: 'kindle'
  prefix_rules: ()
  search_text: None
  sort_by: None
  sort_descriptions_by_author: True
  sync: False
  thumb_width: u'1.00'
  use_existing_cover: False
 Thumbnails:
  DPI = 168; thumbnail dimensions: 84 x 112
 Begin catalog source generation
 unhandled exception in catalog generator
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 58, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 186, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 68, in gui_catalog
  File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalogs/epub_mobi.py", line 337, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalogs/epub_mobi_builder.py", line 367, in build_sources
  File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalogs/epub_mobi_builder.py", line 794, in fetch_books_by_author
  File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalogs/epub_mobi_builder.py", line 794, in <lambda>
  File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalogs/epub_mobi_builder.py", line 334, in _kf_books_by_author_sorter_author_sort
UnicodeEncodeError: 'latin-1' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 6: ordinal not in range(256)
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks a lot.
Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It looks like you have an author whose Author Sort value has a right single quote contained somewhere in the author's name. That's clearly a bug that needs to be fixed. I will try to recreate it, but if you find the author and post both the author name and author sort value that would be helpful. In the meantime a workaround would be to replace the single quote with an apostrophe.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I am unable to replicate the problem by simply inserting right single quotes in author, title, or series.

Create a ticket at calibre's bug reporting site, and attach your metadata.db file to the ticket so I can what data is causing the problem. You can find your metadata.db file in your library folder.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Gamgee
Gamgee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you, I have entered the bug on Launchpad as you requested. Appreciate it.
Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote