Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #2221
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool ...makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
I'm sure it's enjoyable, it's just not Dresden!
Now that makes sense. I've gotta' agree!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #2222
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Now that makes sense. I've gotta' agree!

Favorite authors read in 1 session!
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #2223
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Harryisms

Quoted from Summer Knight

Quote:
She’d just been toying with me in my office, and I’d fallen for it. I wanted to kick myself. Somewhere out there was a village I’d deprived of its idiot.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You are, I take it, Harry Dresden?”

“If I’m not, he’s going to be upset with me when he catches me running around in his underpants.”
Old 08-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #2224
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool My annual re-read of The Dresden Files!

Quote:
Yesterday evening I completed the re-reading of Grave Peril now on to Summer Knight.
I was so engrossed in Summer Knight that I stayed up real late last night (midnight's real late for me anyway) until I finished it. Loved it all over again...

Now on to Death Masks!

Old 08-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #2225
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool 1 session, as well as another Harryism

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsooth View Post
Favorite authors read in 1 session!
...hmm, well, at least lately, I've not read anything in a single session! Honeydos seem to always get in the way!

Another Harryism quoted from Summer Knight:
Quote:
As I pulled into the parking lot, I reflected that odds were that not a lot of clandestine meetings involving mystical assassination, theft of arcane power, and the balance of power in the realms of the supernatural had taken place in a Wal-Mart Super Center. But then again, maybe they had. Hell, for all I knew, the Mole Men used the changing rooms as a place to discuss plans for world domination with the Psychic Jellyfish from Planet X and the Disembodied Brains-in-a-Jar from the Klaatuu Nebula. I know I wouldn’t have looked for them there.
Advert
Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #2226
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files Snippit

I'm gonna' call these 'Dresden Files Snippits' when I post them from now on. These are from Death Masks!

Quote:
...a woman’s voice said, “Hello?”

This was my nightmare. “Oh. Uh, hello, Charity. It’s Harry Dresden.”

“Hi!” the voice said brightly. “This isn’t Charity though.”

So maybe it wasn’t my nightmare. It was my nightmare’s oldest daughter. “Molly?” I asked. “Wow, you sound all grown-up now.”

She laughed. “Yeah, the breast fairy came to visit and everything.
Quote:
“Mister Dresden,” he said. “And Miss Rodriguez, I believe. I didn’t realize you were an art collector.”

“I am the foremost collector of velvet Elvii in the city of Chicago,” I said at once.

“Elvii?” Marcone inquired.

“The plural could be Elvises, I guess,” I said. “But if I say that too often, I start muttering to myself and calling things ‘my precious,’ so I usually go with the Latin plural.”
Old 08-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #2227
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool ...gone again!!

Old 08-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #2228
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Vacation... But I am watching Dresden while keeping watch on the kids as they are going to bed.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #2229
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool My annual re-read of The Dresden Files!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Vacation... But I am watching Dresden while keeping watch on the kids as they are going to bed.
Good seeing you again, have a great vacation!

Quote:
I was so engrossed in Summer Knight that I stayed up real late last night (midnight's real late for me anyway) until I finished it. Loved it all over again...

Now on to Death Masks!
Wow, Death Masks was a great re-read!! This complete series re-read started out great, and keeps on getting greater!
Next up, Blood Rites!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #2230
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden Files Snippit (from Blood Rites)

Quote:

“Christ, Dresden! You almost got me killed!”

“Don’t be a baby. You’re fine.”

Thomas frowned at me. “You at least could have told me!”

“I did tell you,” I said. “I told you at Mac’s that I’d give you a ride home, but that I had to run an errand first.”

Thomas scowled. “An errand is getting a tank of gas or picking up a carton of milk or something. It is not getting chased by flying purple pyromaniac gorillas hurling incendiary poo.”

Last edited by alansplace; 08-07-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: oops...
Old 08-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #2231
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Summer knight didn't really do it for me. Perhaps it will be better after a reread.... Death Masks I did enjoy very much.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #2232
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
...hmm, well, at least lately, I've not read anything in a single session! Honeydos seem to always get in the way!

Another Harryism quoted from Summer Knight:

1 effort takes planning - wife in bed watching recorded tv - have few hours
(she watches series, catches up several episodes)
2 on long ride - boat, plane, train, bus - not car usually
3 be sure no flying apes in operation zone!

Last edited by forsooth; 08-07-2013 at 04:36 AM.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #2233
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

I am over here making sure the wall doesn't fall down.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #2234
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Some replys & some more Dresden Files Snippits (from Blood Rites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Summer knight didn't really do it for me. Perhaps it will be better after a reread.... Death Masks I did enjoy very much.
I very much enjoy each and every one of the series books each time I read them and notice things I hadn't noticed before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsooth View Post
1 effort takes planning - wife in bed watching recorded tv - have few hours
(she watches series, catches up several episodes)
2 on long ride - boat, plane, train, bus - not car usually
3 be sure no flying apes in operation zone!
I use # 1 a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I am over here making sure the wall doesn't fall down.
...er...what wall is that?

Quote:
“Who the hell are you?” he growled.

“I the hell am Harry,” I said.

He pulled out his own gym bag and slammed the car door closed. “You always a wiseass?”

“No. Sometimes I’m asleep.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Wow. You are very tall.”

“I’m actually a midget. The haircut makes me look taller.”
Old 08-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #2235
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I very much enjoy each and every one of the series books each time I read them and notice things I hadn't noticed before.

I use # 1 a lot!

...er...what wall is that?

The virtual wall I lurk behind.

Please keep the snippets coming. They are whetting my appetite to start the series again. This time without interruption since my friend returned Changes to me.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy