Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Separate library in Russian

I have books in 2 languages: English & Russian.
Is it possible to have the interface, file names, etc. in Russian in a separate library?
I have Windows 7 ultimate with the Russian language pack installed & the region for recognition of non-unicode characters set to Russia.
The computer recognizes Russian. I run Calibre 0.8.12.
Thanks for your help & sorry for pestering you with so many questions.
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The interface language can be selected in preferences, though I don't know if there's a russian translation available. Filenames are intentionally translated to ASCII characters to avoid breaking things on filesystems like FAT.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You can do this using two calibre configurations, where each configuration specifies a different language and library. You can specify a configuration by setting an environment variable before starting calibre. See "calibre-portable.bat" in the resources folder for full documentation.

I have 5 different configurations (my production library and 4 for debug & development). Each one has an associated .bat file. For example, my production version prod.bat file contains
Code:
set CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY=C:\CBH_Data\My Dropbox\Charles\config_production
calibre-debug -g
The .bat files use calibre-debug -g because I always want to see debug output. You might choose to use "calibre".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:49 AM   #4
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the speedy reply, but changing the interface language changes it in all the libraries. Would it be possible to have Russian for the russian library only?

Sorry, chaley, i,ve posted before noticing your reply.
It would probably solve my problem if i knew how to write codes or at least how to see what's inside a .bat file. So what i really need is a set of step by step instructions. In exchange i can offer detailed instructions on any problem in woodworking & in making african musical instruments.

Last edited by kamanza; 08-03-2011 at 05:11 AM.
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Changing the language does not affect the library. It changes the language that calibre uses for its interface. The library has no idea what language is being used, and doesn't care.

In your case, you must not change libraries from within calibre. You must instead stop calibre and restart it with the other configuration. That configuration specifies the other library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert