Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
Ouch! Fast and tough crowd at this hour.
Did you create that ? If so, it is really awesome BTW.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #32
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Cute. Except for the fact that you can't get books from the library without DRM and the jetbook supports no DRM.

BOb
Of course, even if it did support DRM there is no way to be sure that it would support the same DRM as your library does anyway... or that it will support in a couple of years.... I better stop before I get into another anti-DRM rant.

Of course, even if you never buy a book or use a public library, there are literally tens thousands of works available legally online for free.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:03 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Of course, even if you never buy a book or use a public library, there are literally tens thousands of works available legally online for free.
Of course. And if you don't mind waiting [at least] 70 years to read a new book, then you are golden. Of course, there is always illegal(?) removing the DRM path.

BOb
Old 03-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #34
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post
Is there a way to adjust the margin? The photos of the review show a very small left margin, while the right margin is bigger.

Also, the fonts showed in the photo look horrible.
What are the other fonts included with the Jetbook ?
Anybody have any luck in changing the fonts or adjusting the margins? Is it possible to load a book with its own embedded fonts and margins?

It probably not important for many users, but I find that a nice font led to a more comfortable reading.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #35
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Cute. Except for the fact that you can't get books from the library without DRM and the jetbook supports no DRM.

BOb
jetbook supports no DRM now but maybe it will support DRM in near future
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:42 AM   #36
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Quote:
Did you create that ? If so, it is really awesome BTW.

BOb
No not mine. I just came across it on youtube and liked the style. The jetBook looks very cool (especially after epub and mobiepocket support is added. I think I read tomorrow?) but I already have a Kindle 1 and have made up my mind to get an iPod Touch to compliment it. I work nights so when I am at work (outdoors too) I need a backlight.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #37
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
(especially after epub and mobiepocket support is added. I think I read tomorrow?)
Yes, that is what they said. I look forward to hear if 1) they actually release it and 2) how it works.

BOb
Old 04-04-2009, 11:42 PM   #38
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Yes, that is what they said. I look forward to hear if 1) they actually release it and 2) how it works.

BOb
yes, they released it and updated firmware will be available on jetbook.net website begin of next week. I tested Beta version and it works well.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote