Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #16
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
$9.99 per day is a pretty steep price for a newspaper.
It includes a lot of quality titles, like the International Herald Tribune, which alone cost a lot more than that. And here you have the choice of over 1000 papers. Anyway, I think it is a good deal. I have tried RSS solutions, but the focus is too narrow and the quality of articles often isn't up to par. So I use those to compliment the newspaper for special interest areas. To each his own, I won't think twice when it comes to 10 bucks a month for a real quality publication.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #17
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I'm on the same boat as other folks here, I get all my news from the web, I mostly use Pulse and Flipboard.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #18
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I won't think twice when it comes to 10 bucks a month for a real quality publication.
Your initial post did not clarify the price was per month, so most people (me included) assumed it was per day.

Quote:
can choose a different one to read each day for just $9.99.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #19
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Your initial post did not clarify the price was per month, so most people (me included) assumed it was per day.
Oops, mea culpa .
Old 09-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #20
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I think the main benefit with switching from paper to digital newspapers is control.

With a paper newspaper, you are limited to what news and columns that particular newspaper wants to print.

With Pulse or other news readers, I have my pick of news feeds from all over the world and I can customize it to topics of interest to me.

And no "fake" news. Ever see a negative article in the driving section about cars? The newspapers don't want to tick off their biggest advertisers so the driving section is nothing but one big advertising campaign for auto dealers.

With my trusted sources online, I get the real info.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #21
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
I think the main benefit with switching from paper to digital newspapers is control.

With a paper newspaper, you are limited to what news and columns that particular newspaper wants to print.

With Pulse or other news readers, I have my pick of news feeds from all over the world and I can customize it to topics of interest to me.

And no "fake" news. Ever see a negative article in the driving section about cars? The newspapers don't want to tick off their biggest advertisers so the driving section is nothing but one big advertising campaign for auto dealers.

With my trusted sources online, I get the real info.
Depends on the paper. I really don't see that happening. I use it as a start, an overview. What I like about having a "real" paper is that quite often I get exposed to subjects that I did not include in my predefined categories of interest, as you have it in RSS feeds. This broadens your horizons, there is no way to think of everything ahead of time --- or your RSS feeds would become un-manageable, anyway.

Thoughtful letters from readers or editorial discussions a bonus, too.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #22
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
$9.99 per day is a pretty steep price for a newspaper.
Again, sorry for the confusion. $9.99per month, of course. I assumed that would be obvious.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Quote:
We need it to catch parrot poop. So we get old newspapers from our neighbors.
I use the free community newspaper to remove dead mouse left in the backyard.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #24
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Quote:
What I like about having a "real" paper is that quite often I get exposed to subjects that I did not include in my predefined categories of interest, as you have it in RSS feeds.
This is what I call "learn by wandering around."
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Depends on the paper. I really don't see that happening. I use it as a start, an overview. What I like about having a "real" paper is that quite often I get exposed to subjects that I did not include in my predefined categories of interest, as you have it in RSS feeds. This broadens your horizons, there is no way to think of everything ahead of time --- or your RSS feeds would become un-manageable, anyway.

Thoughtful letters from readers or editorial discussions a bonus, too.
If I want those, I can add them to my RSS mix as well. So still no need for the print newspaper.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #26
bhugtaan
bhugtaan began at the beginning.

Device: jyoti mattu
Great i am also reading new of my own interest by Rss Feed. But i never read new on my cell phone. So its good to hear that you use your cell phone for so many things of good works.
bhugtaan is offline   Reply With Quote