Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 05-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #61
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Updated with Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Sorry I'm late.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #62
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Updated with Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Sorry I'm late.
No problem. It is greatly appreciated for the time you take to keep this current. Thank you.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #63
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
No problem. It is greatly appreciated for the time you take to keep this current. Thank you.
Thanks? I mean, Thanks! I really am glad it's appreciated.

(I feel guilty taking thanks for it. The initial list took time & a spreadsheet. After that, it's about five minutes a month of upkeep.)

But it could be more! So I added parts! Have added a link to the current vote; I think I'll try adding the nominations & voting posts to the list, partially because That Would Be Cool, and partially because it's easier for me to keep up with if there's a reason to check in more than once a month.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #64
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey, 5 minutes or an hour, it all requires time given when a day is already full.

My toolbar is over half full of links I use daily for checking, searching, researching, so I can record links to back up decisions/discussions and log them. Plus my favorite "snipping tool" to grab screen shots is on my start menu. I keep posts of links to other ones to make the process quicker to just go to the post and use them.

I like your "parts" idea. I'm all for anything that makes it easier to keep up and check.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #65
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer

Added June link & July selection; sorry I've been out of touch. I lost my job of six years this month (whole department shut down) and things have been more than a bit scattered.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #66
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Added June link & July selection; sorry I've been out of touch. I lost my job of six years this month (whole department shut down) and things have been more than a bit scattered.
Thanks, and sorry to hear about the job. Hope you were well compensated.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #67
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks, and sorry to hear about the job. Hope you were well compensated.
Decently so, and I have some options; I'm not hurting (yet, and I'd like it to stay that way), but life is really chaotic right now, and all my scheduling habits have been pretty much destroyed.

Nothing awful, just... I hadn't realized how many of my "get this done now" reminders were pinned to the job schedule.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #68
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Thanks for updating those months, Elfwreck. I hope you quickly find another job you like with better job security.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #69
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Best wishes and good luck, Elfwreck!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #70
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Sorry to hear that Elfwrek...I hope you are able to find something that is right for you, soon!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #71
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I'm so sorry to hear about your job, Elfwreck, and really appreciate you taking the time to continue to help out here.

Good luck on quickly finding something even better. I just know you will.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #72
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Sorry to hear.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #73
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer

Updated with July & August; I'll add September's selection in a few days when it's available.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #74
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer

Added October 2012 discussion link: Carmilla by J. Sheridan LeFanu
Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #75
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer

Added November's choice (no link yet) and the link to the *Category* nominations for January.