Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
affa
Connoisseur
affa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
problems with card suits in sigil

I am converting a novel that mentions card hands into epub and mobi formats and am having problems with Sigil.

I was not sure the best way to accomplish this (i used the symbol font in indesign).

What's interesting is that the card formats display properly in Code view, but nothing at all shows up in Book View.

A poster in the Calibre section suggested I use HTML instead so I search/replaced for
♠
♥
♦
♣

However, once again, while this HTML code shows up in code view (obviously), nothing shows up in Sigil's book view.

Am I missing something?
affa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by affa View Post
I am converting a novel that mentions card hands into epub and mobi formats and am having problems with Sigil.

I was not sure the best way to accomplish this (i used the symbol font in indesign).

What's interesting is that the card formats display properly in Code view, but nothing at all shows up in Book View.

A poster in the Calibre section suggested I use HTML instead so I search/replaced for
♠
♥
♦
♣

However, once again, while this HTML code shows up in code view (obviously), nothing shows up in Sigil's book view.

Am I missing something?
Weird
3.4 in XP
opened sigil (default document)
switched to CV typed the 4 suites next to the &nbsp; in the only <p> tag. Switched to BV they show, Switched to CV and the entities have been replaced with the symbols. Tidy is ON
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
affa
Connoisseur
affa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
EDIT:

Solved it. CSS problem. The odd behavior of it working in code view but not book view threw me off the scent. Removed an errant style and it worked.

Last edited by affa; 04-26-2011 at 04:30 PM.
affa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by affa View Post
EDIT:

Solved it. CSS problem. The odd behavior of it working in code view but not book view threw me off the scent. Removed an errant style and it worked.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote