Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
FINDING FILE PATH IN CALIBRE

I have a problem and would appreciate any help. I have Calibre installed on C Drive on my computer but all my working files are on a 1TB external harddrive which has FAILED. -- BUT -- I did a backup of my Calibre Library at the end of December on a dvd. The information I am looking for is how to find where the file path to the Calibre library is located in the installation folder of the Calibre program on my C drive (which is not affected) so that I can duplicate the file path on a new harddrive or how to change the file path and put the backup copy of Calibre library which it can be accessed by the program. Calibre opens OK and the info entered so far (approx 4000 books) but I want to add more and don't want to stuff anything up at this stage.
If anyone can understand what I am seeking and can help I would appreciate it so much. Thanks Berni
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
I have a problem and would appreciate any help. I have Calibre installed on C Drive on my computer but all my working files are on a 1TB external harddrive which has FAILED. -- BUT -- I did a backup of my Calibre Library at the end of December on a dvd. The information I am looking for is how to find where the file path to the Calibre library is located in the installation folder of the Calibre program on my C drive (which is not affected) so that I can duplicate the file path on a new harddrive or how to change the file path and put the backup copy of Calibre library which it can be accessed by the program. Calibre opens OK and the info entered so far (approx 4000 books) but I want to add more and don't want to stuff anything up at this stage.
If anyone can understand what I am seeking and can help I would appreciate it so much. Thanks Berni
Library icon: small arrow: Switch/Create Library
If one is already there
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
TheDucks -- thanks for this tip - I had clicked on every folder in the installation folder and did not find a link to the location. OK now I will reinstall my Dec.backup copy and go on from there. Oh if only everything else would be so simple to fix. Thanks again. Berni
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
TheDucks -- thanks for this tip - I had clicked on every folder in the installation folder and did not find a link to the location. OK now I will reinstall my Dec.backup copy and go on from there. Oh if only everything else would be so simple to fix. Thanks again. Berni
Two and it will seem easy
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote