Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
rock_climber
rock_climber began at the beginning.

Device: nook & ipad
Cool CHM to EPUB problem

Newbie here, I am trying to covert some large (~2000 page) textbook CHM files to EPUB to read on my nook. When I go to convert them, I get an output epub file that contiains between around 90 pages only. There are multiple chapters in these books - is that part of the problem? Not sure how to proceed. Any specific help much appreciated!
rock_climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I too, just a couple of days ago, had a couple of old .chm files that I wanted to convert to ePub and I too had trouble with them in Calibre. I searched a bit and found a program called Xilisoft CHM to ePub converter, and (with a bit of trepidation and lots of virus scanning, since I couldn't find much about the company) downloaded the trial version.

Happiness!!! It easily converted my two old .chm files to ePub files, which I then was able to import directly into Calibre. All the pages were there, with the links and everything. There is a bit of lag while reading when going from section to section, but it's not bad. And the graphics came through well.

Hope this helps - as with all downloaded files, please use appropriate caution and scan for viruses. And, of course, YMMV...two files translated is not an exhaustive test! And, although both my books were a few hundred pages, neither was as large as you are talking about, so don't know if size would be an issue with this software.

And, oh yeah...where to find it...I'm not quite sure about MR forums rules for posting links, so want to be cautious, but if you search with Yahoo or Google, it pops right up.

Last edited by sufue; 12-31-2010 at 10:30 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert