Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
Kalari
Kalari began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300, Onyx Boox M92
Smile Replaced the battery on my PRS-300

In case you are looking for a replacement battery for the PRS-300, I used one meant for PRS-505 (LIS1382-J), and it works fine.

I purchased it on Batteryship.com (http://www.batteryship.com/htmlos/ht...Reader+PRS-505). The battery is a little thicker than the OEM battery so I had to remove the metal tray that houses the battery to accomodate it.
Kalari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Thanks for the info.

Glad it all worked out for you.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I'm wondering why you needed to replace it so soon. I bought my 300 within weeks of the product launch, used it several hours a day for over a year (until I got my 350) and had yet to see any sign of aging in my battery.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
Kalari

I bought mine in September of last year. Couple of months back, I started having problems with the display freezing. I first thought it was corrupted software because the battery gauge showed a full charge. I tried everything including alternative firmware and nothing helped. I finally decided to replace the battery.

Edit: I was charging the battery by plugging the device into my work desktop through USB. Maybe that is what caused the battery to fail. I have now switched to a wall AC charger.

Last edited by Kalari; 12-18-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
Kalari

Arrow Replacement battery for PRS-300 now available

Newpower99.com now carries batteries for the PRS-300:

http://www.newpower99.com/Battery_fo...%20prs-300.htm

These batteries should last longer because they are 750 mAh compared to 600 mAh of the OEM batteries.
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #6
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalari View Post
Newpower99.com now carries batteries for the PRS-300:

http://www.newpower99.com/Battery_fo...%20prs-300.htm

These batteries should last longer because they are 750 mAh compared to 600 mAh of the OEM batteries.

I've been looking for one incase mine goes out. I'm giving my 300 to my sister and was worried about the battery goiing out shortly after giving it to her.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote