Old 05-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
picov
picov began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
PDF to Mobi

Hi,
I'm new here and i loved this forum. it is great
I have a problem with calibre.
I have been converting my pdfs to mobi and copying the mobi files from the folder to my kindle. I wasn't using calibre for sending them to my kindle. I checked my mobi before copying and noticed that calibre has put page numbers among flowing text. how can i disable it? I guess it happened after update. It wasn't doing so.

Thanks,
picov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The page numbers will be in the original PDF (probably the headers or footers). You can use the regex replace facility to remove them during conversion.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You did not read the FAQ http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....rious-problems when you got Calibre
nor the sticky at the top of this section.

Simple answer: Calibre has no way to Guess what you don't want
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
picov

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You did not read the FAQ http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....rious-problems when you got Calibre
nor the sticky at the top of this section.

Simple answer: Calibre has no way to Guess what you don't want
I read that but they are discussing how to show the page numbers. I don't want to show them. After convertion, when i read the book i see it in that way in flowing text: " ....done it. 5/432
After that day....." or " after doing it 8/432
they decided to....."
Old 05-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
picov

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The page numbers will be in the original PDF (probably the headers or footers). You can use the regex replace facility to remove them during conversion.
I guess i got it

thanks