Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 05-19-2005, 05:03 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Nothing touches Resco Photo Viewer

Shaun from PDA247 is raving in a review about Resco Photo Viewer, the popular image viewer for the Windows Mobile platform. In his own words,

NOTHING touches Resco Photo Viewer for image viewing and manipulation, NOTHING touches Resco Photo Viewer for programming efficiency and thoughful implementation and NOTHING touches Resco Photo Viewer for value for money. I simply cannot think of a way in which it could be improved.

I second that. If you are looking for a decent photo app to view your images while on the go, Resco is the right choice.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
I had already invested in Splashphoto for viewing needs, having come over from the Palm World, it was something I was familiar with.

Resco Photo Viewer is indeed a good product. While I wouldn't buy a second image viewer separately, I did buy the Utility pack, which included Resco Explorer 2003 along with the Photo Viewer. It also came with Sticky Notes, but I don't use it. /shrug/ No need. I avoid the stickies in real life when possible, ... dont' see why to stick it (pun not intended) on my handheld too.

But together, they were worth the combined price. Best feature of Resco's Photo Viewer: They have the best translation from a viewed image to a Background capture for your Today screen. They aren't too bad on the Image Thumbnail resolving, but Splashphoto is faster on that point. In this case, it would depend, I think, on what you want and need out of your photo viewer.

But give both a try. I personally think BOTH are worthy products.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

There was something actually, that I thought of about the Resco Phto Viewer that I thought could be improved. But as I went in to type it up here, ... my brain blew it out my ears.

So I'll have to get back to you on this, once I can think of it again. LOL .... I'm the forgetful one.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Grin... the problem with getting older, right derek?

I actually love Resco products. Resco Explorer + Viewer are two wonder tools.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:28 PM   #5
derekweb
Groupie

I REMEMBER !!!

Set the standard path for main location of pictures. Resco Picture Viewer doens't do this ... not ocmpletely.

You get to choose where (generally speaking,: SD Card, CF Card, Main Memory) the pictures are located and how many recursive folders to go down.

What would be NICE ... Set the standard path to start looking for those pictures, with a side option to browse by location (ie: SD Card, CF Card, Main Memory) regardless of the depth of any folders.

For example. I set my pictures to ALL go to the following:
\SD Card\My Documents\My Pictures\
From there, I have several folders underneath that for sorting purposes.
...\Hobby\
...\Wedding\
...\SciFi\
and et cetera, et cetera.

I want to be able to say: This is my MAIN location to go to for pictures. From HERE, go recursive 2 levels.

Then. On the main wizard start up screen, have an option to BROWSE BY MEDIA: CF / SD / MAIN MEMORY.

I realize this won't happen any time soon. THe coding, and then debugging and such, but still. This would be a WONDERFUL addition to a very robust application.