Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Read It Later is now Pocket

Read It Later updated all their apps today, including the Kindle's. It's now rebranded to Pocket. The new interface is beautiful.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...TF8&ref=mas_dl
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
And it is now free.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Free - My kind of price.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It also has been updated for iOS.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, when I get my new iPad, that will be one of the first apps that goes on it. FREE is very nice too.
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thanks for the heads up! I so do not like the new look of the online list on Firefox but this isn't first time they done something like this. If ain't broke....

Last edited by Blossom; 04-18-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Read It Later updated all their apps today, including the Kindle's. It's now rebranded to Pocket. The new interface is beautiful.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...TF8&ref=mas_dl
OK, this looks great, but as a newbie to the KF, I can't figure how to get it on to the device. I "bought" it on the site on my PC, and the Amazon message says it will be downloaded.

I can't find it or figure out how to get it. My Wi-fi is on, I went to the apps store, but nothing there, I tried hitting the sync button, I went to the app store and searched for "Pocket" and got nothing but odd other apps. I went to Amazon and searched, and got a long list of watches, womens dresses, etc.

I can't figure out what else to do. Any advice?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #8
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

I finally got the thing downloaded, and then it wanted me to log in, of all things. I put in a valid email address and a password, and it kept telling me it was not a valid address.

I finally got them to accept it, and now when I try to log in, it says it is not a valid address.

If I have to log in every time I want to use it, even if it accepts my email address, it is a royal PITA, and not worth the trouble.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
I finally got the thing downloaded, and then it wanted me to log in, of all things. I put in a valid email address and a password, and it kept telling me it was not a valid address.

I finally got them to accept it, and now when I try to log in, it says it is not a valid address.

If I have to log in every time I want to use it, even if it accepts my email address, it is a royal PITA, and not worth the trouble.
Did you sign up?
Old 04-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I've been using Read It Later on my Fire for a while now, and I use it a lot. I really like the new look!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
No IE9 support. It's idiotic not to have IE9 support.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
No IE9 support. It's idiotic not to have IE9 support.
A LOT of developers don't like supporting IE because they have to find workarounds since it doesn't support a lot of features.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
A LOT of developers don't like supporting IE because they have to find workarounds since it doesn't support a lot of features.
That and no one uses it. Chrome and Firefox with Opera coming up on its heels are the main ones. IE should be be discontinued.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado

Question

Quote:
Did you sign up?
Sure did, but it took several trys before it accepted my email address.

Now that I have, each time I click on the app icon, it wants me to put in my email and password. I do this, but it still won't let me in. ???
Old 04-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
Sure did, but it took several trys before it accepted my email address.

Now that I have, each time I click on the app icon, it wants me to put in my email and password. I do this, but it still won't let me in. ???
Is your Kindle putting a comma instead of a period? That is a common problem I have. That and it autocorrects.