Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #151
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
The actual sideloaded ones show covers both in the Docs folder and the Carousel. It's the same books that I sent as pdocs that don't show the covers in the Carousel.

Carol
Yes, I know that. My post above is not a response - it is simply an observation. There is no reason why it should occur.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #152
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Yes, I know that. My post above is not a response - it is simply an observation. There is no reason why it should occur.
I sure wish Amazon would fix this. I sent them feedback on it.

I finally cleared the data in the Kindle app like Blossom suggested and that brought the covers back.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #153
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I tried Blossom's data clearing suggestion, but it didn't 'take' (quite possibly I did not execute the procedure correctly). But this bug doesn't really bother me. All the Docs on my device that have covers display them, only the Cloud items are lacking them.

The thing that bugs me a lot more is lack of KF8 support with the PDocs service. But that is not a KF software issue.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #154
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I tried Blossom's data clearing suggestion, but it didn't 'take' (quite possibly I did not execute the procedure correctly). But this bug doesn't really bother me. All the Docs on my device that have covers display them, only the Cloud items are lacking them.

The thing that bugs me a lot more is lack of KF8 support with the PDocs service. But that is not a KF software issue.
It will only work for books on the device. If not on the device then the cloud tab will show white covers. There is no fix for this.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote