Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #91
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Mine is an A0A0 was in the first shipment out as far as I know.
Mine is AOAO too, I got it at Target. No problems so far (except for one blurry icon, lol) and I use it a lot every day. Knock on wood.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #92
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Mine is AOAO too, I got it at Target. No problems so far (except for one blurry icon, lol) and I use it a lot every day. Knock on wood.
Mine is an A0A0, too. No problems so far -- knock on wood!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #93
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Do you guys leave the wifi enabled all the time?

(this question came up in the other "dead" thread)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #94
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:

Eh, sometimes. I've started trying to remember to turn it off simply to conserve battery, but I haven't seen any issues when it's gone to sleep with wifi on.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #95
ratkity
Enthusiast
ratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five words

Device: Old Sony, Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire
Quote:

Yes I do, although I installed a notification switch so I can easily turn it off to conserve power.

My first KF had an issue with the micro usb port in that it would stop charging if the cord was bumped. Noticed it right off and exchanged with no hassle.

Hugs,
Ratkity
ratkity is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #96
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratkity View Post
Yes I do, although I installed a notification switch so I can easily turn it off to conserve power.

My first KF had an issue with the micro usb port in that it would stop charging if the cord was bumped. Noticed it right off and exchanged with no hassle.

Hugs,
Ratkity
and I presume you have not had the same issue with the replacement?
Old 12-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #97
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sometimes, but more often no.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #98
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
A0A0 here as well. WiFi always on.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #99
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

I should also add my friend always leaves his wi-fi on, hasn't turned it off once yet, and his is A0A0 like mine. Bought at the same Target.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #100
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
All you folks without problems have D01E A0A0. B0A0 failed for me. I can only hope that C0A0 on the Exchange Fire works fine. I'm also hoping that my exchange Fire due tomorrow has the software upgrade higher than version 6.2 installed.

I'm going to charge at 30% now and leave WiFi off unless I'm syncing per Blossom in another thread.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #101
tjsoundguy
Enthusiast
tjsoundguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire / Touch /Paperwhite
Mine is a B0A0, & (knock on wood) I haven't had any of the issues that have been brought up previously.

I hope your problem gets resolved quickly!
tjsoundguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #102
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
AOAO here and turn Wi-Fi OFF, but usually just in sleep mode.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #103
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
Mine is a B0A0 and so far no problems here (knock on wood).
anijh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:39 AM   #104
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Okay it happen to me just now. I went to turn on the Fire and green light came on then went off and nothing but a black screen. Last time I checked earlier today it was at 64%. No apps running, WiFi off and asleep.

So I plugged it into the wall charger and the orange light came on. So I hit the power button and nothing. So I held it down for 20 seconds and it booted right up. Went into Settings\Device and it said the battery was at 0%

It's charging now and works fine now it's plugged into the wall but after that happening to me I suspect some kind of random software bug causing the battery to rapidly drain while sleeping.

This is very bad specially if you're not near your charger. Not to mention letting it go that far down is not good on the battery itself.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #105
kennyc

Hmmmm....