Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
skaboytd
skaboytd began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital, enTourage Pocket eDGe
1.6 vs 2.2 (Dingo vs Ermine)

Well after a few days with my new Pocket Edge and running Ermine on it I am going back to Dingo to do a bit of comparison. I would like to know what others have found.
skaboytd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hibernation on Ermine is a big plus vs. sleep mode on Dingo.

I didn't have any of the possible problems upgrading from Dingo to Ermine on my PE. My EE is another story.

Good luck with your downgrade -- sounds like a fun experiment!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Just noticed I can connect to my home network from 2.2, did not see that on 1.6 but then I have been known to be blind :-)

Screen sensitivity not as good on the new one. Mysword runs on the new one :-)
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
skaboytd

Well the external usb to vga adapter (projector) works again. Touchscreen on LCD is definitely more responsive in dingo.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
skaboytd

Looks like rooting is disabled in Dingo? The USB developer code still turns it on but root permission is denied. Tried Z4 root and Universal Androot both say they rooted the device but applications that need root still report the device as not rooted and ADB does not allow system changes asking if you have root. Has anybody else been able to root the newer Dingo on the pocket edge?
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 04:58 AM   #6
tmirante
tmirante began at the beginning.

Device: edge entourage
i went up and down from dingo to ermine . now i am looking to develop applications on entourage edge for the school . any hint about the possibility to develop in dingo or ermine? how to begin to play?
tmirante is offline   Reply With Quote