Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Can't see 'Update Your Kindle' on KDXI - ?

I've been trying to load Duokan onto my Kindle DX International, but when I go to Settings/Menu the 'Update Your Kindle' tag is ghosted out. Is there something I can do about this?

I've already tried restarting.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
You're probably using the wrong version. If the Kindle cannot find the correct update file, it greys out the option. Also, make sure you put the BIN file in the right place, which is the same directory where the documents and audible folder are (root directory from USB).
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for responding!

I did put everyting into the root folder....

How do you mean I probably used the wrong version? I tried to use the bin files for DXI from the Duokan folders.

I tried to follow the directions from this site http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/
Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
pendragginp
Guru

I looked at everything in the root and the 'system' folder looks paler and different from the other folders - not sure what that means, if anything.

Obviously I've done something incorrectly, I just am not sure what.