Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #31
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That is very true. They says on weekends the browsers statistics change drastically. I do think IE is the most used browser at work because there is no other choice so you can't really get a true results what browsers is the people's choice because of that. My hubby has to use it for school but he uses Chrome for everything else.

Microsoft accused a internet statistic company of juicing the numbers when Chrome overtook IE last month. So I don't who to trust on that.

Yes as a techy person I loath IE9.
It's very in vogue for "techy" people to hate IE. I've use every browser in the book and I always keep coming back to IE. I'm using IE10 right now and it works great.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
That sounds like a problem with your computer. Maybe you need to reinstall. I've never had any problems using IE.
No. I have the same issue on my Netbook. I had to install Chrome on it. It's just some laptops and netbooks are not powerful enough to run IE8 on XP. When I first install Chrome it was like having a new computer. Before IE8 hanged at everything. I even did the registry hack to keep it from splitting processes and nothing helped.

Last edited by Blossom; 04-19-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #33
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No. I have the same issue on my Netbook. I had to install Chrome on it. It's just some laptops and netbooks are not powerful enough to run IE9 on XP. When I first install Chrome it was like having a new computer. Before IE9 hanged at everything. I even did the registry hack to keep it from splitting processes and nothing helped.
IE9 can't run on XP. Besides you can't blame IE if your running an underpowerd computer.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
IE9 can't run on XP. Besides you can't blame IE if your running an underpowerd computer.
Whoops I meant IE8 It came with the O/S it should be able to handle it but Chrome works fine on it.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #35
hn333
Addict

Quote:
Whoops I meant IE8 It came with the O/S it should be able to handle it but Chrome works fine on it.
I had a 7 year old laptop that couldn't handly IE8. Then again it couldn't handly firefox or any other browser either.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I had a 7 year old laptop that couldn't handly IE8. Then again it couldn't handly firefox or any other browser either.
My netbook isn't that old. It's almost 4 years old now. FireFox need some juice to run properly but Chrome works great on older machines.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:02 AM   #37
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
That sounds like a problem with your computer. Maybe you need to reinstall. I've never had any problems using IE.
Nah, the computer is fine. It was reformatted and had a fresh copy of Vista on it.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #38
alessandro_q
alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Kindle 3
Is there any way to skip the pocket text view screen on the PC? I find it quite annoying, as I always want the full version on PC
alessandro_q is offline   Reply With Quote