Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Lost my "name" on my Fire

I just noticed my Fire now only says "My Fire" instead (my name's) Fire

Dunno what changed. Never had this before. It always showed my name in the upper left corner.
I didnt do it myself in my settings on AZ so.... mystery for sure

I'm rebooting now.....

That fixed it.
Hmmm strange
any ideas?
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
benee16
benee16 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Happens to my son and I on different kindle Fires. Right now he has his name, and I don't. I have no idea why this happens. It comes back at some point.
benee16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
I just noticed my Fire now only says "My Fire" instead (my name's) Fire

Dunno what changed. Never had this before. It always showed my name in the upper left corner.
I didnt do it myself in my settings on AZ so.... mystery for sure

I'm rebooting now.....

That fixed it.
Hmmm strange
any ideas?
This happens to me occasionally but it usually fixes itself.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Can you not change that in the "manage my kindle" part of your amazon account?

Try changing it and then syncing.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Can you not change that in the "manage my kindle" part of your amazon account?

Try changing it and then syncing.

Best regards,
Andy
Actually, I'd suggest first syncing WITHOUT changing anything.
I'm suspecting that perhaps at some point it tried to sync with no network connection, and reset the name to default for some odd reason. I'm curious if merely syncing will restore it.

Never had this happen on ours, but when I have changed the name on Amazon, it sometimes took a while for it to reflect on the device.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
benee16
benee16 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
When I go to the manage my kindle part, my name is listed correctly. I think the kindle synced without internet. Not really sure though because my name came back at some point.
benee16 is offline   Reply With Quote