Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
My name is Alec, and I'm a MR addict

March: Ooh, this looks interesting...
April: So glad I joined
May: This is great!
June: I'm *not* addicted, I can handle it
July: I'm mainlining mr, I'm addicted, I can't stop, and I love it.

Thanks to everybody at mr for their knowledge, wit and bonhomie!
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Me too, I check in here multiple times per day. Another bad site for sucking you in is TV Tropes.

Also see this xkcd comic.

Carl
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Bad news is we've tried intervention. We start it but then someone asks the addict what he's been reading lately and that gets us talking about books and then we all go and jump on MR and, well, you know the rest
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Bad news is we've tried intervention. We start it but then someone asks the addict what he's been reading lately and that gets us talking about books and then we all go and jump on MR and, well, you know the rest

the mr slogan is "resistance is futile". welcome alec.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
maybe we should do a intervention on MR about getting off MR?
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahammer View Post
Won't work... MR is like a black hole, nothing will escape from it...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Yep ! I tried to escape, but didn't succeed !
I used to read several forums, but now I have enough time for only 2, MR and another that's pretty quiet now (it's summer, it's a fans series forum, and as the series isn't broadcasted currently...). So I could say I have time enough for only MR, finally !
Addictive, time consumming, and money too, with all the recommendations !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Alec, you're just one of the infected. I'd say we have an epidemic on our hands.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
There was an escape committee. As far as I know they're all still here...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #10
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
So far, MR seems to be the only forum I've found where people actually think. I don't mean to sound snobbish, but there is a level of intelligence here not often found in other forums. Combine that with the high level of camaraderie, the international membership offering a variety of cultural points of view and information, and the general wit that most threads have as an underlay, and we have a 'hangout' that's very pleasant indeed!

If we're going to be addicted to something, at least we are fortunate to be addicted to something good!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #11
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
So far, MR seems to be the only forum I've found where people actually think. I don't mean to sound snobbish, but there is a level of intelligence here not often found in other forums. Combine that with the high level of camaraderie, the international membership offering a variety of cultural points of view and information, and the general wit that most threads have as an underlay, and we have a 'hangout' that's very pleasant indeed!

If we're going to be addicted to something, at least we are fortunate to be addicted to something good!

Stitchawl
Ditto !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:03 AM   #12
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Won't work... MR is like a black hole, nothing will escape from it...
dont know if my sarcasm was able to play thru on the web that way..

playing at a cheach(this word spelling is hiding from me in my brain.) 22. if you come here to post about the intervention then you will have broken the steps and if you dont then you will not get any support..
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:35 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Stitchawl
Hear, hear!

Quote:
dont know if my sarcasm was able to play thru on the web that way..

playing at a cheach(this word spelling is hiding from me in my brain.) 22. if you come here to post about the intervention then you will have broken the steps and if you dont then you will not get any support..
(and it's a catch-22) There's that... But the reason is that black hole... if you call for help, the ones to help you will also be sucked in... And those from the inside just can't get out!
Old 07-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Maybe we should complain to management.

Hey, Alexander! We're stuck and want to need to can't get out!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Maybe we should complain to management.

Hey, Alexander! We're stuck and want to need to can't get out!
Who says management will listen, and if they do, who says they can do anything about it?