Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwab View Post
I read the licence and interpreted it differently, but I just had another look and I see what you mean. So basically, I or anyone can sell it - although if they leave in the Introduction and brief biography I incorporated from the Collins edition, they may be in breach of copyright. Fair enough!
Can you clarify? Do you mean that there is a copyrighted introduction in the file that you've uploaded here to MR? I'm afraid that, if that's so, we can't host the file; we will not accept any file that violates copyright law. Apologies if I've misunderstood you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #17
madwab
madwab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Yes, I can clarify. I have no way of telling if the introduction and biography are copyrighted; the book (a genuine printed copy from Collins) has no isbn number and the word copyright does not appear in it; as far as I can tell, there are no pages missing, therefore Collins appear not to be claiming copyright.

However, Collins no longer exist, and HarperCollins have declined to answer questions on the subject. The lack of a copyright statement may be an accidental oversight, and much as I think that unlikely, I can't guarantee that the intro and bio aren't copyrighted.

I have therefore removed the whole file, and will retain it for my own purposes. I might at some point re-edit it and republish it here, but right now I'm a bit disillusioned by the whole process and will be getting on with my emigration tasks.
madwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If the book is Victorian, the intro and bio should be fine. My only concern was that it might be a modern edition; obviously any such thing written in, say, the 1960s or 70s, would almost certainly still be protected by copyright.

It can be difficult to ascertain the status of these things unfortunately. Probably safer to simply omit them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #19
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
As always, Harry, many, many thanks. Never have read the illustrated version. Very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote