Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
Alt68er
Alt68er began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook touch lux (623)
Error: Cannot split: ......xhtml XML is not well formed

Hi together,
I'm re-formatting a lot of epubs including by inserting Sigil chapter breaks...
Many times when pressing F6 Sigil gives me the above error and I have to clean up my file (via context-menu) before being able to split it automatically.
Can anyone out there tell me what can be the reason(s), please? Up to now I could not find out, what Sigil is "correcting" when cleaning up my file.

Many thanks in advance!

Peter
Alt68er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You have left off or never had when you imported, paragraph end tags or other end tag or end tags with no start tags, or anchor ends without anchor starts, the list goes on.

You can run it through flight crew to see the list or run it through epub check (that will give you many errors that aren't so important. You can also load it into calibre's editor if you have calibre installed and choose check book.

If you are bringing things in from Calibre, it won't have a doctype by design on K. Goyal's part. But you can tell it to let it fix things for you and it will add it.

Last edited by mrmikel; 04-22-2014 at 05:18 PM.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2014, 03:00 AM   #3
Alt68er
Alt68er began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook touch lux (623)
Hi mrmikel,

1000 thanks. THAT was.

Knowing where to search I immediately found my error: When doing a search and replace (with a saved search) I always opened and closed a paragraph with <p>, i.e. I forgot the slash in the end tag....

Have a nice day,

Peter
Alt68er is offline   Reply With Quote