Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
dman003
dman003 began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy tab 10.1
List of books deleted.

How do I view the calibre log?
How do I find the list of books that I have deleted.
I have the latest version of calibre 0.9.20
dman003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Please read the sticky before posting in Development. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122042
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
dman003

Where should i put this question then?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman003 View Post
Where should i put this question then?
It has been already been moved. The developers forum is about writing Calibre code, not user questions.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Calibre does not keep a persistent log for anything except the content server. There is no way to find a list of books that have been deleted.

You can keep your own persistent log if you wish. Use "calibre-debug -g" on the command line, redirecting standard output and error output to append to some file. On windows the command will be something like
Code:
calibre-debug -g >> calibre_log.txt 2>&1
Linux and OSX will use something very similar.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
dman003

does not work

I have tested this out and when i delete a book nothing appears in the log.
Note that I have updated to the latest 0.9.21 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Calibre does not keep a persistent log for anything except the content server. There is no way to find a list of books that have been deleted.

You can keep your own persistent log if you wish. Use "calibre-debug -g" on the command line, redirecting standard output and error output to append to some file. On windows the command will be something like
Code:
calibre-debug -g >> calibre_log.txt 2>&1
Linux and OSX will use something very similar.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman003 View Post
How do I view the calibre log?
How do I find the list of books that I have deleted.
I have the latest version of calibre 0.9.20
Did you have a look in your recycle/rubbish/waste/trash bin - it provides a crude log, I've found it useful a couple of times

Otherwise get the OS to do it e.g. Windows http://sogeeky.blogspot.com.au/2006/...deletions.html

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
dman003

Is there a way to do it so that I can see in the calibre logs??
checking the trash can is not a very nice way to do it.
If not then would this not be considered as a bug?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:02 AM   #9
dman003

help anyone?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #10
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
As far as I know the logs are only really intended to help with debugging, not to act as some sort of audit trail of what happened.

If you can work out the source level changes that would accomplish what you want then I think it is likely that Kovid would accept a patch.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Actually, no, I wont. That log is debug log. I am not going to start implementing auditing features in it. Once I open the dorr to that, people will want to know what books have been converted and what books have been read and what searches have been performed and blah and blah...I am simply not going to go there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote