Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Best way to carry the Kindle DX as carry-on on a plane?

I'll be traveling to the U.S. next month, and am thinking of buying a whole crapload of ebook readers to add to my growing collection.

One of those readers MAY be a Kindle DX.

Here's my question: What's the best way to bring it with me on a carry-on (along with my Kindle 2 and Sony 505), so that the huge screen doesn't get damaged on the plane?

Suggestions, anyone?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
get a briefcase or backpack designed to carry a laptop, they have a padded inner sleeve designed to cushion the laptop. there are also soft padded sleeves sold in big box stores designed for various sizes of laptops and gaming devices that you could put on for additional padding/safety. a couple of years ago I traveled every week for work and had these on my laptop and portable DVD player. they survived wonderfully as opposed to an unprotected Zune that was in an outside pocket of a carry on that an overzealous flight attendant crammed into an overhead
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
Just don't walk off and leave your Kindle or reader in the pocket of the seat in front of you or just on the seat itself on the plane. Besides Taxis, that seems to be where most seem to disappear. You can buy an extended warranty plus accidental breakage coverage from Square Trade or Amazon which covers one broken reader. Great sale at midnight the 27th for 40% off on Square Trade warranty. The code is posted under the Freebies thread.
Congratulations on getting a new reader.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote