Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #1051
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacemckart View Post
i dont think i flashed to anything. I didn't backup devid. But I remember i touched somewhere on the diagnostics menu unintentionally under "Misc Indivudual diagnostics"
w/o that devid backup that kindle' snot going to see the light of day on amazon's servers. (i finally got a reply why mine was. apparently i had the missing certs however. its not reading the PCB ID or manufacture ID from devid (they didnt exist) and w/o your serial # and mac adress wallace you will not be able to recover wifi functionality let alone 3G. (but you should be ableto if you goto amazon.com then "manage your kindle" and goto "Manage your devices" and you'll see it there thats how i got mine recovered)

as for getting it half-way usable you will need an existing K3's PCBA ID(wifi wont come online w/o it for some stupid reason.) only way to set that is via an dump w/ one set in it or manually via Serial connection. i'd send you the dump i use dto restore partially my kindle but i have to send that spefic kindle out this monday back to amazon. (that or face a full 162 USD charge for the replaced kindle.)

Last edited by CaelThunderwing; 01-27-2013 at 06:10 PM.
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #1052
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I wrote elsewhere about how I was given a bricked Kindle Keyboard, and about my unwarranted pride in having managed to revive it (the owner had seemingly left the battery run down with 3G turned on). Well, when I took the Kindle out for its first field trip (out of the house, that is), it began freezing and restarting – leaving me nothing to read on my slow commute.

I tried a factory reset. Still had the problem. I decided that if the Kindle was going down, it was going down in flames. I assembled all of the most recent tools for debricking, and began following (religiously) the steps laid out on the debricking thread here. It took me many tries to get past the first steps – ATK tool kept telling me that USB drivers weren’t installed. Finally, the timing of Ringo calling home seemed to coincide with ATK looking for it, and I managed to flash the kernel and FW3.4. Having no freaking clue what the hell I was doing, I was pretty elated (only a slight exaggeration). However, once I began reading the book I had been reading when the problem first manifested, I began to get spontaneous restarts (I wish I could restart myself, at times). I had not suspected the book I had been reading when the problems began, because the same book works fine on my other Kindle Keyboard.

I deleted the book, and I haven’t been able to freeze the device since, and I’ve tried, clicking too rapidly through Scrabble and chess. Time for an outing? This time I bring a backup.

So thanks to all (esp. Geekmeister), I have successfully debricked my Kindle, although perhaps all that was needed was a little work on the mortar….
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #1053
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
geek before anyone else makes the same mistake about muking the devid/partition table (0x0) might want to state before doing anythig try to make a backup of devid with k3flasher
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #1054
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
the link to K5 diags+ssh (no fastboot needed!):

is broken GM...

ellipsis booger
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #1055
smitelya
smitelya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Hello
I need a help for debrick Paperwhite that stuck during jailbreak (diagnostic mode)
Now device doesn't respond for touch,not perform restart and in windows is detected as Other Devices/Kindle

Please any advises how to solve the problem,if its possible at all

Thanks

Last edited by smitelya; 02-02-2013 at 05:13 AM.
smitelya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #1056
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitelya View Post
Hello
I need a help for debrick Paperwhite that stuck during jailbreak (diagnostic mode)
Now device doesn't respond for touch,not perform restart and in windows is detected as Other Devices/Kindle

Please any advises how to solve the problem,if its possible at all

Thanks
You are unlikely to get "more help" cross-posting. Just so you know
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #1057
lehbaurd
lehbaurd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Under "References and Links" in the first post there is mention of the update_k5_diags+ssh file which is now downloadable from ixtab's depository. In the README there it still says that this is problematic and that other steps should be followed. Does this still apply or does the fact that we can now d/l the file mean that it is safe to use? Also can it be run "as is" on a jailbroken KT at 5.3.2? Thanks.
lehbaurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #1058
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehbaurd View Post
Under "References and Links" in the first post there is mention of the update_k5_diags+ssh file which is now downloadable from ixtab's depository. In the README there it still says that this is problematic and that other steps should be followed. Does this still apply or does the fact that we can now d/l the file mean that it is safe to use? Also can it be run "as is" on a jailbroken KT at 5.3.2? Thanks.
Yes, the update_*README instructions are what is recommended and working. If you downladed the .bin file, don't try to put it on the Kindle, but open it in notepad

Ok, I'll just delete the file from the server. Makes more sense. Thanks for the heads up.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 AM   #1059
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch software Version 5.1.2
Help Please

Hellow.
Please HELP
I have problem that seems you solve it. Please help me to install Duokan on Kindle 4 Touch Firmaware Version 5.3.2. I read a hundred of forums, i made exact steps that is shown but my kindle wont start to install Duokan. I dont know what is the problem. I will be very grateful with your help..

Thank you
Wait your response
ivakuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #1060
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
Hellow.
Please HELP
I have problem that seems you solve it. Please help me to install Duokan on Kindle 4 Touch Firmaware Version 5.3.2. I read a hundred of forums, i made exact steps that is shown but my kindle wont start to install Duokan. I dont know what is the problem. I will be very grateful with your help..

Thank you
Wait your response
You can't. You have to downgrade to 5.1.2 first, by flashing a pristine 5.1.2 main image and kernel.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #1061
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thank you ixtab for you answer.
But i tried to downgrade to previous version and i cant ...
Can you provide me a link with the some tutorials... I'm desperate...
Or if you can leave me your yahoo messenger on private message or your email.
Thank you
Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #1062
ixtab
(offline)

Everything you need has already been posted.

Follow the "noobs guide" linked from the first post, but use the kt_5.1.2-kernel_main.gz and kt_5.1.2-mmcblk0p1-main.img.gz from ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/ as the main kernel and partition.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #1063
ivakuska
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Everything you need has already been posted.

Follow the "noobs guide" linked from the first post, but use the kt_5.1.2-kernel_main.gz and kt_5.1.2-mmcblk0p1-main.img.gz from ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/ as the main kernel and partition.
Thank you, but I didn't find the sugested link ... Can you helop me ? I'm new on this "LAND". Thank you very much
Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #1064
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
Thank you, but I didn't find the sugested link ... Can you helop me ? I'm new on this "LAND". Thank you very much
Click the thread title - that takes you to the first post.
Scroll down to "References and Links".
It is the 4th or 5th RED title.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #1065
ivakuska
Enthusiast

thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Click the thread title - that takes you to the first post.
Scroll down to "References and Links".
It is the 4th or 5th RED title.
Thank you.
I have oine question . If I will downgrade my kindle to 5.0.0 (like in tutorial) i'll be able to upgrade to 5.1.2 to install the Duokan browser?
Thx

Tags
debricking