Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #91
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
No worries. I understand your position. Still loving the Arc and it's turned me into a graphic novel junkie. At least I'm not blowing my allowance on them like I did 20+ years ago.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #92
GinRummy
GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
No worries. I understand your position. Still loving the Arc and it's turned me into a graphic novel junkie. At least I'm not blowing my allowance on them like I did 20+ years ago.
We must be around the same age, have you got your comic collection stored in big plastic bins sitting under the stairs in the laundry room too? Lol. Seriously though, I found a digital copy of Elektra Assassin drawn by Bill Seinkiewicz and it looks gorgeous on the arc. Almost better than the hard copy side by side .
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #93
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinRummy View Post
We must be around the same age, have you got your comic collection stored in big plastic bins sitting under the stairs in the laundry room too? Lol. Seriously though, I found a digital copy of Elektra Assassin drawn by Bill Seinkiewicz and it looks gorgeous on the arc. Almost better than the hard copy side by side .
I cannot confirm or deny my comics are stored like that Two volumes of Doctor Who and the Walking Dead Volume 1 looked great. I downloaded Wanted tonight but haven't looked at it yet. Maybe after the wife and I finish watching Big Bang Theory.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #94
eTess
Enthusiast
eTess began at the beginning.

still waiting...

just heard that my Arc has been delayed due to overwhelming demand Oh well...anticipation is part of the fun of getting a new toy I had, however, hoped to demo it during the workshop on e-book basics my colleague and I are presenting next week (I'm a Library Tech)...guess that will have to wait for the next one...

Has anyone downloaded and used the Overdrive App yet? I'm curious to know if it's working as smoothly as it does on the Vox.
eTess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #95
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
I've loaded Overdrive Media Console and browsed the local library system. Seems to work fine. Haven't downloaded anything through it yet, though. (does OMC act as a reader as well? Haven't added a 3rd-party one yet...)
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #96
eTess
Enthusiast
eTess began at the beginning.

yes, OMC acts as a reader as well

Good to know it's smooth on the Arc too...I didn't really expect it wouldn't be, but I figured I'd check, just in case I get any questions about it before my own Arc arrives.

Thanks!
eTess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #97
ibabob
ibabob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc
Exclamation

I must admit I was skeptical when Kobo announced they were releasing a new tablet, the Vox did not impress me, but the Arc is really nice ! I even found that many things look better on the screen of the Arc than on my friend's Nexus 7 !

@Kobo-Robin : Just one major complain though, if you could pass the message to Kobo, it is pretty bad that the official Kobo app seems to be optimized for the Vox resolution, the alignment of the book covers in the store is bad with too much space on the right side and scrolling them is really choppy. Also, many e-books with images in them are badly formatted, the images get cut off and streched. This app really needs to be optimized for the Arc because this is Kobo's flagship reader and it does not encourage me to buy my ebooks from Kobo when the competitor's apps do a much more professional job.

Thanks
ibabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #98
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabob View Post
I must admit I was skeptical when Kobo announced they were releasing a new tablet, the Vox did not impress me, but the Arc is really nice ! I even found that many things look better on the screen of the Arc than on my friend's Nexus 7 !

@Kobo-Robin : Just one major complain though, if you could pass the message to Kobo, it is pretty bad that the official Kobo app seems to be optimized for the Vox resolution, the alignment of the book covers in the store is bad with too much space on the right side and scrolling them is really choppy. Also, many e-books with images in them are badly formatted, the images get cut off and streched. This app really needs to be optimized for the Arc because this is Kobo's flagship reader and it does not encourage me to buy my ebooks from Kobo when the competitor's apps do a much more professional job.

Thanks
Will do.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #99
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTess View Post
yes, OMC acts as a reader as well

Good to know it's smooth on the Arc too...I didn't really expect it wouldn't be, but I figured I'd check, just in case I get any questions about it before my own Arc arrives.
And just tested it on a book. Runs great - and has far better reading options than the Kobo app does!
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #100
ns_angela
ns_angela began at the beginning.

I'm now an Arc person! Sweet.. :-) Unfortunately now that it arrived yesterday and I played with it for a bit.. I must put it away and pretend surprise at Christmas *big dramatic sigh*
ns_angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #101
janvier
janvier began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
I have a question before I purchase a second arc, for my sister. Do external USB keyboards work with the arc ?
janvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #102
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I did a Google search on usb keyboards & Android 4.0. Should just work.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #103
ibabob
ibabob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by janvier View Post
I have a question before I purchase a second arc, for my sister. Do external USB keyboards work with the arc ?
No it will not work, I tried it and Kobo-Robin confirmed that the Arc does not support USB OTG.
ibabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #104
Artepru
Artepru began at the beginning.

Just got our Arc, after trying the Nexus 7 for a month & returned it as unhappy with performance. The Arc is more user friendly, the auto-rotation screen and lack of ads on the free stuff are the convincers. Also liked the price of the Kobo this weekend with $30+$5 off.....
But, we tried to add our MC card to the google wallet so we can buy other apps and books, but was not accepted....gave a" Error retrieving error- RPC:S-7:AEC-0"(this also happened with the Nexus)
Any ideas?
Artepru
Artepru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #105
janvier
janvier began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabob View Post
No it will not work, I tried it and Kobo-Robin confirmed that the Arc does not support USB OTG.
How unfortunate... would it be possible with some kind of 3rd party app ?
janvier is offline   Reply With Quote