Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Question has arrived... Version 5.1.2

Now I kinda recall a whole debate/debacle about not moving over to anything after 5.0.1...

I could either dig through a ton of threads or post this message.

Hence the message, If I need to roll it back I would rather do it right now before I do anything else.

*goes digging anyways*

Cheers midears
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Now I kinda recall a whole debate/debacle about not moving over to anything after 5.0.1...

I could either dig through a ton of threads or post this message.

Hence the message, If I need to roll it back I would rather do it right now before I do anything else.

*goes digging anyways*

Cheers midears
Dig out the K5 directions set of your choice, make a backup of the system image and kernel.
GM has posted some tools for doing that, probably listed in the index system.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

in the box...

notes for me:

Spoiler:
  • Prime View International (PVI) 6-inch ED060SCG E Ink Display
  • 3.7V, 1,420mAh (5.25Wh) Li-ion Polymer Battery (Model: S2011-002-A)
  • Macronix MX25U4035ZNI memory chip
  • 800MHz ARM Cortex-A8 Freescale Semiconductor i.MX508 Multimedia Applications Processor with integrated Electronic Paper Display Controller (MCIMX508CVK8B)
  • Samsung K4X2G323PC-8GD8 DDR SDRAM
  • 4GB SanDisk SDIN5C2-4G NAND Flash memory module
  • Freescale Semiconductor MC13892 Power Management Integrated Circuit (M1382AJ CTPQ128R)
  • Texas Instruments SN92009 Power Management IC (SN92009 A4 TI 19IL A3RR G4)
  • Wolfson WM8962 Audio Codec (WM8962E 19BRKBC)
  • Qualcomm Atheros AR6103 Wi-Fi package (AR6103T-BM2D)
  • Texas Instruments M430F2272 16-bit Ultra-Low-Power Microcontroller
  • NXP 74HC4067 16-channel analog multiplexer/demultiplexer (HC4067BQ L1E8R024 UnD138E)
  • National Semiconductor LVM654 12MHz, Low Voltage, Low Power Amplifier (VM16AH LMV65 4MT)
  • Texas Instruments YF04E TI 18K AGHQ ( 4bit voltage translator)
  • Texas Instrument CEF TI J 15YN (buck boost converter)

Kernel 5.1.2

Probably need that list for the Buildroot tweaks
(assuming I am going to have to create my own board specifications)
nope got BR going already hehehehe

Thanks knc1, I'll go and have a dig around more then.

Brain is slightly more functional today. YAY

Last edited by twobob; 09-20-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: got Buildroot support going :)
Old 09-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
5.1.2 is fine. Some things are better than previous firmwares, but some hacks had to be updated to work on it, so be sure to use the correct hack version. ixtab posted images that have his JBPatch and other goodies preinstalled. You may want to see what he put there, and install those things on yours (a good starting selection).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
notes for me:

Spoiler:
  • Prime View International (PVI) 6-inch ED060SCG E Ink Display
  • 3.7V, 1,420mAh (5.25Wh) Li-ion Polymer Battery (Model: S2011-002-A)
  • Macronix MX25U4035ZNI memory chip
  • 800MHz ARM Cortex-A8 Freescale Semiconductor i.MX508 Multimedia Applications Processor with integrated Electronic Paper Display Controller (MCIMX508CVK8B)
  • Samsung K4X2G323PC-8GD8 DDR SDRAM
  • 4GB SanDisk SDIN5C2-4G NAND Flash memory module
  • Freescale Semiconductor MC13892 Power Management Integrated Circuit (M1382AJ CTPQ128R)
  • Texas Instruments SN92009 Power Management IC (SN92009 A4 TI 19IL A3RR G4)
  • Wolfson WM8962 Audio Codec (WM8962E 19BRKBC)
  • Qualcomm Atheros AR6103 Wi-Fi package (AR6103T-BM2D)
  • Texas Instruments M430F2272 16-bit Ultra-Low-Power Microcontroller
  • NXP 74HC4067 16-channel analog multiplexer/demultiplexer (HC4067BQ L1E8R024 UnD138E)
  • National Semiconductor LVM654 12MHz, Low Voltage, Low Power Amplifier (VM16AH LMV65 4MT)
  • Texas Instruments YF04E TI 18K AGHQ ( 4bit voltage translator)
  • Texas Instrument CEF TI J 15YN (buck boost converter)

Kernel 5.1.2

Probably need that list for the Buildroot tweaks
(assuming I am going to have to create my own board specifications)

Thanks knc1, I'll go and have a dig around more then.

Brain is slightly more functional today. YAY
If you approve, I'll list your "Notes for me" on a "Kindle HowTo" reference page for the K5 .
Please provide the first four of your serial number for the listing.
(Probably the board ID number would be better, but most people don't know how to find that.)
Old 09-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

There we go, just waiting for your first-4 and publication approval.
http://minimodding.com/Kindle+HowTo

Phooey!
New chapter "Hardware" is not being displayed to anonymous.
Gotta find and fix that one also.

Cheers!
Gotta find that and figure out how it happened.
Might be useful to have parts of the structure "Registered Only".

Last edited by knc1; 09-20-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
minimodding seems faster than awhile ago. I hope it stays that way...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
minimodding seems faster than awhile ago. I hope it stays that way...
No, it will get better.

Currently Xcache is only servicing two of the eight cores.
Tech. support is working on the configuration problem.

I haven't threatened them with that 512 core machine (yet).
Old 09-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

For members who are logged in :
http://minimodding.com/tiki-browse_c...Id=33&deep=off

That is everything that has (so far) been categorized as "E-Readers, e-ink" on the site.

The "big deal" is that the "Browse FreeTags" should be using a similar display (including "Forums") but is not.
Plus a few other problems - like the href is missing sometimes on the FreeTag listing.

Busy, busy, busy ...
Old 09-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #10
twobob

yeah minimodding is running great now and is only getting better...

B011 - it's an international ... I'll go and have a look thanks knc1

EDIT: Okay, I take it back, my brain is not really running that much better...

Quote:
This page is being edited by admin. Please check with the user before editing the page, otherwise the changes will be stored as two separate versions in the history and you will have to manually merge them later.
Ah... okay then

Further (lack of) thoughts:

I have now stared at "The right way to back up a k5" for over an hour with no actual "Going into my brain" seemingly happening.

Sod it. I'm having a real Tea. meh.

Last edited by twobob; 09-20-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Well, the "Admin" is finished messing with the page now.
New content posted.
I think you have to be logged in to see it, will put that on my "to fix" list of things.

Note:
It was a simple cut&past from this text editor to that text editor (same editors) plus adding the formatting of unordered list back in (which differs between the sites).

Last edited by knc1; 09-20-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

When you get the images copied out -
Make a copy of that system_md5_list (or whatever its name is on the new machine, before any updates) -
That can also be posted (a listing of the md5sums and filenames that are installed is not protected IP).

The stinking software package is not letting me set a display alias for that new page, but fixing that is a low priority for now.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
twobob

okay - the machine is still utterly virgin.

I HONESTLY don't know what's wrong with me today. I can't seem to read, the words are swimming around on the page.

I HAVE managed to get Buildroot all setup ready for the BUILD EVERYTHING for a K5 thread that is in the offing...

system_md5_list - got it - will do.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Here, add this one to the ARM mix if not already there:
http://md5deep.sourceforge.net/

That also gives us sha1deep - we can start running the LFA report generator on these image listings from update to update.

All good practice drill for when the Kpw (K9) hits the streets.

Last edited by knc1; 09-20-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
twobob

will do!

as soon as I can read entire sentences and remember what I was typing at the star... what was I saying?

Oh yeah WILL DO!

EDIT: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...eep-4.2.tar.gz

noted!

Last edited by twobob; 09-20-2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: added linky for when brain works

Tags
fubar?, kindle5, version