Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 05:35 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Bulk Removing of Pages

Hey everyone, I'm new to using Sigil, and I was wondering if there was a way to bulk remove pages. After editing, I've got alot of blank pages (around 95) and would rather not click...hit delete...click yes...for each one.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!w
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to using Sigil, and I was wondering if there was a way to bulk remove pages. After editing, I've got alot of blank pages (around 95) and would rather not click...hit delete...click yes...for each one.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!w
I separated 10 books that were in one epub file and I had to do it page by page. There was no way that I could find to delete multiple pages . I did find it easier to click on the page with one hand and then hit delete + enter (yes) on my keyboard with the other really fast.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Find whatever is making it in Code View. Search for it, and Replace with nothing.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I'm not an HTML editor and have no idea what any of that stuff means, it's not all that important, I can deal with it. thanks guys!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
Find whatever is making it in Code View. Search for it, and Replace with nothing.
I believe these are empty (of visual content) splits and book view is where the delete is being doneTo the OP
When you delete/or rename a split in the book browse, a whole lot goes on behind the scenes.
Rename, finds every usage and "corrects it to the new value.
I know Delete, removes the reference in the NCX file, (scince I have never deleted a referenced split, I can not guess what happens to their usage)

You CAN delete as you go.
But IF you delete, do NOT use a "Sigil Split" again until you Save and Re-open the book file (not just the split), there is a bug that can mess up the placement of the new split.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert