Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-17-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
New Firmware now out

Well the Battery firmware update is out. Supposed to improve scribbles too:

http://updates.irexnet.com/embedded/dr1000/latest.zip

Let's see & hope (oh & if you've tried Adam's content browser for the FBreader Port, it will take a few goes to recognize the card. (I downloaded it onto a new SD card, did the update & swapped cards & then used the reset button a lot. It may be quicker to un-install the CB update first)

Last edited by pthwaite; 11-17-2008 at 09:34 AM.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
the handwriting has ben fixed , it looks completely natural and ugly like the way my hadnwriting is supposed to be, I dunno about the battery issues
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Hows battery life now? Battery indicator problem solved?

Thanks
Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #4
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
Pretty good, I think

I charged my device all night, disconnected it at 9 in the morning. Now, 6.5 hours later the battery is at 2 bars (Notice that the switch 3->2 bars was some hours ago). This was very light use - a bit of reading, and several hours of just being on.

I'll see what happens next.
OK, at 7 hours I'm at 1 bar.
Another hour of scribbling during a talk, and the "out of power" message came up.

8 hours total.

Last edited by ghostwheel; 11-18-2008 at 11:17 AM.
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #5
Krishirex
Krishirex began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Hi Ghostwheel,

I can second that. I have had my DR on for 6 hours (reading a Mobibook on it, >100 page turns so far), battery indicator still shows 2 bars !

First time I haven't had to recharge after 3-4 hours max in several weeks. Battery indicator now show 4 bars when fully charged.

If 1.5 sorts out APM, DR is likely to get closer to expectations and battery life will not be the huge issue it has been ! I look forward to it.
Krishirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 05:36 AM   #6
sarikan
Zealot
sarikan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ah, really good news Better apply that update then.

Regards
Seref
sarikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
After a couple of days, I can pretty much confirm the above.

- Scribbling responsiveness is MUCH improved. Accuracy slightly, but still no cigar. No changes to the conversion (merge): works, but it's still rather fugly, esp. when using various pen sizes.

- Battery life: I have previously gotten ~7 hours of light use out of it once or twice only. Now this happens more reliably, over 6 hours in general.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote