Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 02:51 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is your favorite book not available on Sony?

Sony has added a "link" off of the FAQ that allows you to click on it to request the book's publisher issue it in BBeB format. The link is off of the FAQ.

Now we can ask a publisher to fill in those books in a series that have been omitted somehow from the BBeB format. Or those old favorites that we'd like to have available as a comfort book. No guarantees of course but this will give Sony some ammunition to persuade the various publishers to "Sonyize" specific titles.

I suggest that we all get busy and request our favorites.

http://connect-metrics.custhelp.com/...eys/ws?_133=25
Old 08-14-2008, 03:53 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sony makes it unnecessary difficult. At least, they should provide the option to enter a books ISBN number... at Amazon, all I do is click on a link to report a missing e-book.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Sony makes it unnecessary difficult. At least, they should provide the option to enter a books ISBN number... at Amazon, all I do is click on a link to report a missing e-book.
As part of that link, there is a place to make comments. I think we also need to make a comment on the difficulty of finding that link.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:06 AM   #4
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
I do not see how entering a IBSN Number makes things any easier. It is far easier for me to enter a title of a book or an author then to take the time to look up an IBSN Number. Sure its easier on Amazon, they sell print books. Would you want Sony to list every book ever written then say that we do not have it available as an ebook but here is a link so you can request it?
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:56 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

But, Sony in partners with Borders could set up a system similar to what Amazon has.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 07:27 AM   #6
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
I, for one, am applauding Sony for the move!
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #7
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
I've been utilizing Sony's request form for a long time now, a link to it pops up if you search for something and get no results. In fact, I just requested "Sightseeing," by Rattawut Lapcharoensap, providing the ISBN number thanks to a quick Amazon search. I've had not the greatest luck getting books added, but I'd say about 75% of the books I request eventually show up. There's another book I was going to request this week (I was on vacation all last week), but when I went to the store today they'd already added it. I should note that it's still not available for Kindle.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #8
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sony has added a "link" off of the FAQ that allows you to click on it to request the book's publisher issue it in BBeB format. The link is off of the FAQ.
Thanks, Jon, for the link. I submitted 4 titles and also suggested that they offer a button to request the title as part of the search feature. I also suggested that they provide a section title something like "Recent Reader Requests for ebooks" and that they show a list of recent requests and let you select those that you, too, would be interested in.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
If you guys have a list of books that you want the rest of us to request from Sony, maybe you could post the titles and the "link off the FAQ", so that we can help push up the number of requests (unless you have to have a Sony in order to use the link).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #10
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I agree w/Kezza. I have been using that link for a long time now. I have even created a format for entering books to be ordered. (i.e. Title, Author, Publisher). I harass them often. We all need to.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:22 PM   #11
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
This still doesn't address the problem with the formatting of books at the Sony Connect store.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:57 PM   #12
reeder
reeder began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
This still doesn't address the problem with the formatting of books at the Sony Connect store.
AMEN on that point.
If they wouldn't make the margins fill up half the page or make the default font just a smack larger or the font-size change option do more than make the font bigger by 2% the formatting wouldn't be so terrible.
Or if they let the customer able to customize it after they already paid for the thing.
reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
If you guys have a list of books that you want the rest of us to request from Sony, maybe you could post the titles and the "link off the FAQ", so that we can help push up the number of requests (unless you have to have a Sony in order to use the link).
Sounds like a cracker jack idea! Anyone Have a pen???

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #14
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeder View Post
AMEN on that point.
If they wouldn't make the margins fill up half the page or make the default font just a smack larger or the font-size change option do more than make the font bigger by 2% the formatting wouldn't be so terrible.
Or if they let the customer able to customize it after they already paid for the thing.
I think not being able to adjust the book just the way I like is the biggest turn off for me. I mean it wouldn't be so bad if they were formatting these books properly but they aren't! and the consumer aka ME has no recourse or way to fix the problem.

I'm not sure if the Kindle ebooks are better formatted or not but I started buying from mobipocket because there's a crack for that and I can convert mobi to LRF. However, if I have to do all that work I might as well go to the darknet.

Hmm still kind of sensetive about about because I bought a book from sony connect store, couldn't read it on my reader and then had to go to IRC to find a html version. I was not amused.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #15
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I guess I'm the odd person out but I like the formatting of the books I've bought from the Sony store. The only thing I would like all ebooks to have is 12 point typesize as the smallest size used.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!