Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 01:04 AM   #1
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
can no longer access Kobo through sony software

There was no problem at all accessing the kobo bookstore after the transition until today. When I bring up my library it also shows the sign on name and password all ready filled in, I had set it up to automatically sign in. When I press the sign in button nothing. When pressing kobo bookstore I get the message unable to access ebook store, check you network setting to ensure you have access to the internet. I have not changed anything the last time I used it was about a month ago.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:26 AM   #2
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Kobe took over only over library from Sony, not the manufacturing lines.

Maybe the wrong category?
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by revmike View Post
I have not changed anything the last time I used it was about a month ago.
I tested my T2 and it appears to be working fine. A specific problem with your account? Can you login okay from the Web?

I would probably just go to the Bookstore app on the Sony, hit the Menu Key, go to Account and re-enter your login information (if you haven't already done that).

Good luck.

Last edited by rcentros; 10-29-2014 at 07:42 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I've never used the Sony Store, or the Kobo version, at all ....... so was a bit surprised to recieve a message on the T3 to say welcome to my Kobo account !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I contacted Kobo who was aware of the problem, the tech stated that they have been working on a solution since last week.
Advert
Old 10-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
I contacted Kobo who was aware of the problem, the tech stated that they have been working on a solution since last week.
Okay, hopefully you should get the fix soon. I should have said, I can go to Kobo Bookstore on my T2 but I don't know if I can actually buy anything. I haven't really been able to figure out the whole Kobo Coupon thing yet. Don't know if I really want to bother with it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
RogerTo
RogerTo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Hi RevMike
Would you be kind enough to update us if Kobo do get back to you? We have only just got around to trying our Sony eReader after the transition, but were unlucky enough to be trying today when the darned software can't connect to the store! Very pleased to see your post!
Cheers.
RogerTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:27 AM   #8
revmike
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerTo View Post
Hi RevMike
Would you be kind enough to update us if Kobo do get back to you? We have only just got around to trying our Sony eReader after the transition, but were unlucky enough to be trying today when the darned software can't connect to the store! Very pleased to see your post!
Cheers.
Will do.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:08 AM   #9
revmike
Zealot

For those experiencing this issue, a new update for the reader for pc is available. Just access the reader software and the update will be there. I just ran it and everything is back to normal. Thanks Kobo.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #10
RogerTo
RogerTo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Many thanks for letting us know. Will try the thing later on.
RogerTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #11
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
Up until today, I've only purchased 4 books in the 4 + years I've had an e-reader (my reading selections are through my public library/overdrive)

Today I purchased 2 books thru the Kobo store. It was a bit of a klunky experience but in the end I managed to get my books fairly easily once I figured it out.

I wanted my local independent bookstore to get credit for the sales, so went through their website, created an account with Kobo, purchased my 2 books. Then, couldn't see where the epub download was. I worried that I had to go through the Sony Reader software after all, so opened up my reader software, it gave me the option to go to the Kobo store. It kept stalling, but finally let me sign in, but it kept saying I wasn't connected to the internet when I tried to download my purchased books. I ended up going directly back to the Kobo website, accessed My Library where it showed the purchased books as epub, selected the books, clicked the blue button, then they downloaded into my Sony reader software.

Signing with relief.

Last edited by beespeckled; 11-14-2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: correction
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #12
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
For those experiencing this issue, a new update for the reader for pc is available. Just access the reader software and the update will be there. I just ran it and everything is back to normal. Thanks Kobo.
Thank you! I'm working on doing that right now. It was a major PITA for me trying to get library books. The stupid thing wouldn't even let me sign in!!! grrr
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #13
revmike
Zealot

You're welcome
Old 11-24-2014, 06:54 AM   #14
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Watch Kobo, some of their newer books are in formats that might not work on your Sony Reader.

And Barnes and Noble has disabled Downloading books to your PC. So you can't use Calibre and side load them.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #15
revmike
Zealot

Only had one book that I could not access after downloading and it was a publisher issue, found it on another site.