Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #61
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Thanks! That's a lot of omnibusses... omnibi?

There's also a High Druid of Shannara trilogy omnibus.
I believe that it would be a fleet of omnibuses...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #62
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Thanks! That's a lot of omnibusses... omnibi?

There's also a High Druid of Shannara trilogy omnibus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I believe that it would be a fleet of omnibuses...
.... tootling along ....
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #63
msjo
msjo doesn't littermsjo doesn't litter

Device: Blackberry Playbook
Tess Gerritsen The Rizzoli & Isles Series 10book bundle ISBN:
9780345546715 - Not discountable in Canada but still a good deal at $75.99
msjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #64
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
The Odd Thomas 6-Book Bundle. ISBN 9780345544612

I don't think it couponable in the U.S.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #65
Jdschi
Connoisseur
Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.

Device: Nexus 7.2, PW2
Great thread, thank you!

Concerning the Vampire Academy Complete Collection by Richelle Mead:
I couldn't find this on Kobo (Europe). However what I can find is a collection of books 1-3, but be careful with that. As far as I can see, it is still only available as a kpub and not as an epub. I have the sample of it in my kobo library to monitor and it doesn't show any format...
Jdschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #66
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdschi View Post
Great thread, thank you!

Concerning the Vampire Academy Complete Collection by Richelle Mead:
I couldn't find this on Kobo (Europe). However what I can find is a collection of books 1-3, but be careful with that. As far as I can see, it is still only available as a kpub and not as an epub. I have the sample of it in my kobo library to monitor and it doesn't show any format...

Here it is from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Academ...ete+Collection

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #67
Harlock415
Connoisseur
Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Voyage
Science Fiction
The VALIS Trilogy by Philip K. Dick
Amazon
ASIN: B006C3M1WY

Fantasy
Legacy: Arthurian Saga by Mary Stewart - (Four book bundle of Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills, The Last Enchantment and The Wicked Day)
Amazon
ASIN: B007QXWCQE

Mystery/Suspense
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy Bundle by Stieg Larsson
Amazon
ASIN: B0067AC5KA

There are plenty of Sherlock Holmes collections out there, but this one in particular is very good. Worth the money, I think:
The Complete Sherlock Holmes (Heirloom Collection)
Amazon
ASIN: B007PT1PEY

Last edited by Harlock415; 12-11-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Harlock415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #68
stutzj
Zealot
stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Kindle 5(black)
I second all the recommendations for the Terry Brooks collections. I particularly am fond of the Heritage series.

While technically a collection of novellas, the "Wool: Omnibus' is really fantastic. Yes everybody and their mother have raved about it but IMO it actually lives up to the hype. My wife and I sped through it in less than a week.

If you're looking for some fast paced entertaining space opera, I recommend the Robotech omnibus collections:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you're into the classics the Delphi Collections are definitely the way to go:

http://www.delphiclassics.com/

Of course I should recommend the user formatted public domain books on Mobileread. If you're into sci fi and fantasy, you need the Savage Sword of Conan Collection and the Barsoom Omnibus:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31960

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12782

These are formatted better than anything you'll find on amazon including the overpriced Howard reprints which are great hard copies but kindle versions leave a lot to be desired:

http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Conan-C...oming+of+conan

Last edited by stutzj; 12-11-2013 at 08:09 PM.
stutzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #69
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Historical Romance:
The Hathaways Complete Series by Lisa Kleypas 9781466849693
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #70
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
It's not really an omnibus, but Bello, which is an imprint of Pan Macmillan, has a volume, The Best of British Crime, which contains three books:

Andrew Garve: Murder in Moscow
David Williams: Prescription for Murder
Francis Durbridge: A Game of Murder

I found this while looking for books in the David Williams/Mark Treasure series, which I quite like. This doesn't seem to be available in many countries - I have only found this in the UK, although I haven't looked exhaustively. It was couponable there.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #71
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Spellman Series E-book Box Set contains the following books by Lisa Lutz:

The Spellman Files
Curse of the Spellmans
Revenge of the Spellmans
The Spellmans Strike Again

It is couponable in Singapore (my favorite vacation spot) at least.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #72
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

John Talton's Phoenix Cold Cases is a compilation of three David Mapstone mysteries. These are published (in the US, at least) by Poisoned Pen Press.

The blurb says that books in the compilation are:

Concrete Desert
Cactus Heart
Camelback Falls

According to Stop You're Killing Me, these are numbers 1, 2, and 5 in the series, although the book cover and table of contents say that it contains volumes 1-3. YMMV!!!

It's available and couponable in Singapore, and probably some other places.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #73
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

After finding the previous one, I started checking other Poisoned Pen Press authors, and found a few more which have compilations:

Priscilla Royal - Medieval Mystery - Box Set I: contains Wine of Violence, Tyrant of the Mind, and Sorrow without End. These are the first three in Royal's Tyndal Priority historical mystery series

Mary Reed and Eric Mayer - Death in Byzantium - Box Set: contains One for Sorrow, Two for Joy, Three for a Letter, Four for a Boy. Four for a Boy is a prequel; the others run in order. This is a series set in Constantinople at the time of the Emperor Justinian. I have read and quite enjoyed this whole series.

The Pants On Fire Detective Agency - Box Set has three books by K.J. Larsen: Liar, Liar; Sticks & Stones; and Some Like It Hot. According to Stop You’re Killing Me, these are the only three books in the series so far.

Jane Finnis - Death in Roman Britain - Box Set: contains Get Out or Die (apa Shadows in the Night), A Bitter Chill and Buried Too Deep. These are the first three of four available in this series. I have also read and enjoyed this series. They feature an innkeeper, Aurelia Marcella, in Roman Britain.

These are all available and couponable in Singapore, at least. If you have another favorite Poisoned Pen Press author, you might look to see if there's a collection available.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #74
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Queen's Man - Box Set by Sharon Kay Penman contains three of her four really excellent (IMHO) mysteries. Penman is better known for regular (non-mystery) historical fiction, but has written four mysteries featuring Justin de Quincy, an illegitimate son of a high-ranking church official, at the time of Eleanor of Aquitaine. I wish she would write more!

The three in this volume are:

The Queen's Man
Cruel as the Grave
Dragon's Lair

Available and couponable in Singapore.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #75
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Kate Shugak Investigation - Box Set contains books 10-20 (WOW!) of the Kate Shugak series by Dana Stabenow. Although I hate cold weather in person, I quite enjoy this series set in Alaska, and the books make me feel warm just thinking that I'm not there!

The books aren't listed individually in the blurb, but the Amazon preview shows Midnight Come Again as the first book, and if the numbering is consistent with Stop You're Killing Me, then this would contain:

Midnight Come Again
The Singing of the Dead
A Fine and Bitter Snow
A Grave Denied
A Taint in the Blood
A Deeper Sleep
Whisper to the Blood
A Night too Dark
Though Not Dead
Restless in the Grave

Available and couponable in Singapore.