Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 03:27 AM   #1
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: iPad
[Marvin] editing metadata and syncing back

One of the features I loved the most in Marvin is its ability to edit metadata, really slick! But is there a way to sync the edited epub back? Right now, I keep all my epubs into google drive (but I think I will change, since it is not dependable) and I would like to edit metadata once and for all. Any way to upload them back and/or sync? What if I switched to Calibre as my main library?

Thank you.

–
cordialmente,

[Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-07-2014 at 11:07 AM.
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Nope, that doesn't work. Marvin is no EPUB editor -- it's an e-reader app. It does give you the convenience of fixing improper metadata for the purpose of Marvin's internal library. For the fixed metadata to be synced back to an EPUB creator software like Calibre, Calibre would have to make that possible by making available an appropriate interface, but there apparently is no such thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolignani View Post
I would like to edit metadata once and for all.
Then do it in a real EPUB editor like Calibre.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Got it, thank you. Even though I wouldn't consider Calibre an epub editor, but rather a book library manager. If you have to edit epub, you have to installa plugin which is disabled by default, I guess it's modify epub or sort of.

Have a nice w/e.

–
cordialmente,

[Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-07-2014 at 11:06 AM.
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
Rhialto
Enthusiast
Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhialto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use Sigil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolignani View Post
Got it, thank you. Even though I wouldn't consider Calibre an epub editor, but rather a book library manager. If you have to edit epub, you have to installa plugin which is disabled by default, I guess it's modify epub or sort of.

Have a nice w/e.

–
cordialmente,

tiziano solignani, da  Mac
http://blog.solignani.it
Rhialto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, marvin, metadata, syncing, uploading